ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

home recording

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i need a new home recording program.

i used to use cubasis and cakewalk but sadly lost them when i formatted my computer.

I found cakewalk a lot easier to use than cubasis but cubasis did give better results.

Does anyone have any recomendations for a good shareware/freeware program along these lines?

I record acoustic guitar and electric bass predominetly.

any help/links would be a great help! got some tracks to sort out ready for a gig in janurary!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cheers fella, i'll google it.

is it as simple as cakewalk or as baffling as cubasis ? lol

ant

yep.
soundforge is just an editor not a sequencer.

try and find nuendo.......quality program - pro though so may
be a bit hard to get your head round.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah just googled it ((soundforge) cheers anyway twosugars!) and found that out.

this nuendo a bit of a head f**k then?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
fook, cubase on steroids!!! i'll check it uot i think! only need to to do a few tracks onto some already completed tunes so nothing major. i may just be able to suss it out.

you got it yourself?any sample tracks you done so i can see the quality?

ant

yep.
i've released a few tunes in the past but its all sampled/sequenced stuff - no real instruments as such.

most of the audio quality depends on your soundcard more than the software you use.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Seb, You thought about investing in any recording hardware? I got a Korg D4 Digital 4 track for xmas and its bloody ace! It has a load of on board sound modelling so you can create whatever sound you want. Then it hooks up to the PC via USB. I've found the quality once tranferred to be spot on. Then it can be dropped into a sequencer of your choice. Might be worth looking into if you do a lot of guitar recording?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah that sounds like a coolio idea.

what sequencer do you use rick?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
I haven't got a sequencer on my machine at the moment. I really need to find a good bit of software for drum loops first. You don't know of any do you?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nah sorry fella, my set up was literally cubasis and cakewalk and a few mics!
worked well though!

500bhp Scoob
Not sure if this is any good, but I know of a few people that have used Propellerhead's Reason software.
Not sure if it falls into the catagory you want, check out their site...
http://www.propellerheads.se

Give me a shout if your interested in it, sure I can point you in the right direction to get hold of it ;)

Buy yourself one of these.

http://www.podcastingnews.com/items/Zoom/ZOMMRS802CD.htm

Ive had on about 4 years and it always handy if you come up with that killer melody.

Ive never had any problems, its got tons of drum sounds and a built in drum pad section.

mine cost me about 400 notes but you can get em cheaper than that.

I used to try and do stuff on my PC before that but unless your computer is set up and dedicated to just recording they arent worth the hassle.

**EDIT**
just noticed that one doesnt have the drum pad section but the mrs1044 does

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah coolio, i must admit i like cakewalk and i have managed to find the old version i used.

cakewalk guitar tracks 2 - well good simple program tbh.