ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home music studio/entertainment setup, how to link it all up?

Currently got:
Macbook(pikey base model)
Ableton Live 8
Ibanez Electro acoustic guitar
Schecter electric guitar
88 key electric piano/midi controller
shure sm58 microphone
vinyl decks, mixer etc
M-audio torq connectiv to play mp3 tracks with coded vinyls
samsung 42 plasma
xbox

Im basically wanting to get them all set up so that i can play everything through the tv without constantly having to move around cables.
I was thinking the best route for the keyboard and guitars would be a small usb mixer sync'd to ableton. Possibly Having to buy a guitar amp with a line out, as plugging an electric straight into the computer will sound gash. I know you cant plug a guitar head straight into a computer so maybe have to invest in a cheap, second hand cab. and soundproofing. Wouldnt like to buy a combo as they are usually overpriced and sound guff when mic'd up.
so for the live music stuff i need recommendations on:
Guitar amps/combos/ways of linking to a computer
usb mixers.

For wanting to play my decks its basically all through the torq connectiv so its through a usb, or could i do this through the mixer aswell.

I think iv got it sussed but would like feedback from anyone on here thats done similar before i part with cash.

Just been having a look at the pod UX2 studio, anyone have any experience, would sort out having acoustic, electric and vocal anyway.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just been having a look at the pod UX2 studio, anyone have any experience, would sort out having acoustic, electric and vocal anyway.

Can't comment specifically on the UX2, but I've used line 6 stuff for years, infact the only guitar I even bother to pick up now is my variax 700, because at the flick of a switch I can go from tele, to les Paul to acoustic.

It's never going to be as warm as micing up a amp on max volume, but then you won't be waking the dead in a 5 mile radius.

I love line 6 stuff. Plug, play, record.

Can't comment specifically on the UX2, but I've used line 6 stuff for years, infact the only guitar I even bother to pick up now is my variax 700, because at the flick of a switch I can go from tele, to les Paul to acoustic.

It's never going to be as warm as micing up a amp on max volume, but then you won't be waking the dead in a 5 mile radius.

I love line 6 stuff. Plug, play, record.

Cheers mate, really helpful, and it seems and I can't go wrong for 160 quid for what it does. Pod Farm software looks amazing aswell for a visual aspect on mixing sounds, rather than flicking about with numbers.