ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Cinema set-ups... post your's.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Have developed a keen interest in quality home cinema set-ups over the last few weeks, anyone got nice ones to post up here?

My lounge is nowhere near big enough to house a decent set-up - I'll just be happy when my TV's on the wall and everything runs through my hi-fi!

Saw this on AV Forums though, stunning set-up and location... my favourite of all of them, even if it's not the most difficult or expensive, just for pure style-factor.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377270

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well the sofa he bought was only the 2nd one ever made, and cost approx £6k apparently...

And later in the thread he gets a projector...

I hate him and love him in one big emotion.

We've got a slightly more realistic set up for a normal size room! Had it for 4 years now but still blows me away, can't wait to get it set up in the new house next week as we've got a room set aside dedicated for movies/games.

Panasonic 28" Quintrix TX-28PL1 TV
Still prefer CRTs, this one still reviewed better than many LCDs and Plasmas when tested a while back and usually won the best sub-£1000 TV shoot-outs.

Videologic Digitheatre DTS
This was the best system for a smallish room by a mile when I bought it, still does the business and the sound is just immense. Not available anymore, if they re-released it and I was looking for one I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=5530
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews/digitheatre.html

Toshiba SD-330E DVD Player
Had a few DVD players between 2000 and 2002 but I got this one in 2003 and it blew them all away, I still use it as my main DVD player today.
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=3364

That's my old-school set up, researching and buying well back then has served me well as it's still all going beautifully after 4 years, not in any rush to go down the HD route just yet, will probably give it at least another couple of years.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Any pics Chris? The one thing I need to get is a decent amp to tie everything together. Have got a basic Cambridge Audio A1 (?), but this is more for hi-fi than AV.

My current concern is placing all these inside a small cabinet, which will probably cause overheating. They need to be hidden due to the size of the room, so think I'll need to fit a couple of mains powered fans.

Doesnt drive and hasnt worked for 4 years and it cost him just short of £500k for that place and the set up! lol

To be honest, I was completly shocked. I even went on rightmove to check the prices of places around there.. and, uh, yea.. less than 500k!

I honestly thought it'd be over a million for the apartment, but, no...

Doesnt drive and hasnt worked for 4 years and it cost him just short of £500k for that place and the set up! lol

To be honest, I was completly shocked. I even went on rightmove to check the prices of places around there.. and, uh, yea.. less than 500k!

I honestly thought it'd be over a million for the apartment, but, no...

Its probably a studio and his bedroom/bathroom/kitchen is behind his sofa! lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
its london, its probly a council house which is next to 1mill pads (im not jealous one bit)

Elise/VX220/R26
I've just finished a tasty build comprising of:

Samsung 42" Plasma (wall mounted)
Harmon Kardon AVR 340 Amp and 5.1 speakers
Advent HTPC for media/internet

Redecorated the lounge at the same time so all cables hidden and HTPC is hard wired to the router. I'm really impressed with it. Harmon gear is stunning, shame they done have a UK dealer network any more

will post some pics tomorrow

Revels Mum & Sister
I am not really into the home cinema side of Audio, more a stereo man. Having sold my Naim kit not that so long ago I had £1300 spare to buy some new kit.

I auditioned the Harmon Kardon kit, was about £900 for Amp and CD player. I wasnt overly impressed, next up was Arcam which was streets ahead. I didnt buy either but was dissapointed as I listemed to some HK stuff a few years ago and loved it. This was in Sevenoaks on Nottingham, he had the full range of HK stuff

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Love the set-up above, one day!

I currently run
37 Philips ambilight 1080 panel
Onkyo HDMI 1.3 amp
Monitor Audio speakers
PS3 for Blu-Ray

Not set-up at the moment but im moving in less than a month hopefully and i have a living room big enough then, just ordered a big 6 seater leather sofa too :)

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I love home cinema :) Here's mine....(although the pics don't do it any justice!)

Starship Troopers Blu Ray:
sst.jpg

Terminator 3 HD-DVD:
t3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

The projector is getting on for 3 years old now, and the sound system 4. Brief spec:

Sanyo Z3 Home Theatre 720p projector
77" screen
Centre/Front/Rear Mission speakers
Paradigm PS-1000 sub woofer (it's like being punched in the stomach by Mike Tyson!)
Yamaha 630SE Amp
Home Theatre PC which plays anything, DVDs, Blu Ray, HD-DVD connected to projector via HDMI.
Dell Poweredge 2400 Server with 1.5TB hard disk storage, hopefully 3TB soon :) I aim to have no physical media as it takes up so much space!

..and the most important bit of gear, a Stella fridge :D

2012 WRX Waggon
mines nearly finished - just need to finish some painting and tidy up, oh and lift the TV into position - be tricky as i have 5mm clearance either side.

equipment-

52" sony bravia KDL-52XBR4.
PS3 for Blue Ray / games + 360 for Halo 3.
Marantz SR5001 reciever 7.1
7 in ceiling poseable speakercraft aim one 8" speakers.
berkline cinema seating on order
looking for a subwoofer - probably a powered sony 150W?

Awsome places that bloke has, stunning.

I have something rarther modest.

Samsung LE32R88
Samsung HRQ-100
Sky+
Wii

Thats it. Its all on top of an Ikea table, not to disimilar to that brograns. but in black/brown and its a bit shorted

Very tempted to wall mount the tv tho.

Elise/VX220/R26
heres some pics of my setup. Ignore the Sky plus box, thats going inside one of the cupboards with a skyeye on the top

100_0887%20(Medium).jpg

100_0889%20(Medium).jpg

100_0890%20(Medium).jpg

100_0891%20(Medium).jpg