ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit One Of Those Magical Pot Holes Last Night..

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
;) yea yea, its alright my mates got one, i say it to him all the time n 98% of them in the local area are drove and modded by complete berks.

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
Cheers lads, Im on the look out for some 60mm springs at the moment, then once its got low i will be after some wheels so dont worry :)

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
i sympathise with you pal, i have a 172 now but before that i had 3 1.2's, and apart frome one decent'ish one they were all shitters lmao, where not all minted ;) thing to do, is not show it off here lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
60mm springs = not low enough

You wanna get saving and quick, you need lower profile tyres (e.g. 185/45/15's) and some rokkor coilovers wound down then your on your way to the top.

Monaco
Why does no-one understand what happened?!

It's obvious,

This should explain:

magicpothole.gif

Last edited:

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
60mm springs = not low enough

You wanna get saving and quick, you need lower profile tyres (e.g. 185/45/15's) and some rokkor coilovers wound down then your on your way to the top.

I have given alot of thought about coilovers but I'm a bit paranoid that I would get rubbing and scraping, is this just me being silly though?

CLIO PH1 172
I have given alot of thought about coilovers but I'm a bit paranoid that I would get rubbing and scraping, is this just me being silly though?

for these wheels to really work you NEED rubbing and scrapping

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
for these wheels to really work you NEED rubbing and scrapping

I just dont know what to expect from coilovers in the way of rubbing and scraping. I want to get some 172 wheels eventually so what is the best thing to do? I was thinking 60mm springs would do the job but others are saying coilovers

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
its VERY VERY hard to get away with rocking standard steelies!
even more so painting them in a larey colour,

and steelies are kind of the dub scene, so making a feature of steelies when the car isnt on epic stance is even MORE of a fail!
and the lack of dish adds a bit more fail to the above!!

if you want to pull these wheels off, (and you will struggle)
get the car down low......very low!!

and as far as what to expect?? expect to be lowered to the ground! expect to hit the floor occasionally, and expect hitting potholes to sound and feel like the apocalypse.
clios can go VERY low without getting any scrubage, providing you dont mind not running arch liners!

just man up and get it down!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

Your just being a tart! ;)

its VERY VERY hard to get away with rocking standard steelies!
even more so painting them in a larey colour,

and steelies are kind of the dub scene, so making a feature of steelies when the car isnt on epic stance is even MORE of a fail!
and the lack of dish adds a bit more fail to the above!!

if you want to pull these wheels off, (and you will struggle)
get the car down low......very low!!

and as far as what to expect?? expect to be lowered to the ground! expect to hit the floor occasionally, and expect hitting potholes to sound and feel like the apocalypse.
clios can go VERY low without getting any scrubage, providing you dont mind not running arch liners!

just man up and get it down!!

Some of the above is true, just so you know my cars very low and im running arch liners with no rubbing. Thing is achiving a low car without scrubbing you need to take into account other bits like tyres, how wide your wheels are and how low it is. Only thing is with the lows is you will scuff every speed bump, but every now and the dependant on how you tackle a bump and how big it is you'll catch the underside of the car. TBH it makes me go all funny when it does it bad but i then start laughing n im over it, you just need to be aware of potholes and bumps for your spines bennifit.

IMG_2499.jpg

An idea!