ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit A Badger! Gutted

VRS
coming home last night and a badger ran out in front of me and took out my bumper, lower grill and has fooked the radiator (huge dent and pushed back)

thought it was a cat last night but went back just now to look for debris and there is huge badger in the road!

absolutley gutted

need a new bumper and radiator cos i think immi is sorting a lower grill for me

carcrash002.gif

carcrash001.jpg

does any1 know how to take off the bumper cos i need to see wat the damage is like underneath

E90
badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger bad ger badger badger SNAKE!!! SNAKE!!!! Badger badger badger

Maz

LY 200
Totally gutted for you Andy ... the grill is in my shed, I will make sure Dutty gets it today for you .. :)

Hope you get it sorted mate

Maz

Ad

MK2 FRS
Andy, removethe bumper as follows:
1. Open the bonnet and remove the two clips in either corner of the top grille.
2. underdo the clips on the undertray that mount onto the subframe.
3. you need a socket and wrench with extension. Go to the front wheel arch. Where the bumper meets the wing you should be able to feel that the archline is flexible. There two bolts for each side.once the bolts are out. pull the bumper towards you. repeat for the opposite side.
4. disconnect washers and fogs.
5. any questions, drop me a PM.

Hope you get it sorted.

Adam

No more clio's for me!
If its not badgers, its pheasants!!!

Gutted matey, looks like they cause quite a bit of damage :( how fast did you hit it?

Clio Dci Dynamique
I HIt a fox doing 70mph on the french motorway but it connected with the passenger front corner and there was no damage just some blood. then i hit a pheasant whilst doing 60 which has put a crack in me front bumper..... Stupid fuc%n bird!!!

320d
Unlucky...

Its your aircon radiator thats bent, it you take the upper front grill off you'll be able to see straight down to assess the damage better

Maz

LY 200
Daz said:
Just as a thought, I think you have to report it that you hit a badger?

I think your right Daz ...

I know it is the last thing on your mind at the moment Andy but I think you deffo have to report it...

Maz :D

Disastra Coupe
dannyboy172 said:
If its not badgers, its pheasants!!!

Tell me about it, I had to dodge a pheasent yesterday as I was flying down a country lane... damn things.

Unlucky dude, hope you get it sorted soon!

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
Dutch 172 said:
badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger bad ger badger badger SNAKE!!! SNAKE!!!! Badger badger badger

haha that is funny tht video watch it went ur wreaked haha

VRS
gonna be an own pocket jobbie, cant afford to pay the high access and the insurance hike!

updte: i have temperarily fixed the radiators in position so they should hold for a while, the aircon works and the radiator and fan are working, its just the brackets that are fooked

trying to reaattch the bust bit of the bumper at the mo so it is drivable untill i can either get a new one or get this one filled and repaired

looks nasty!
was this after you refitted ya bodged up cup splitter?? lol

b*****d animals. a suicidal owl flew directly at my car at 60mph a few months back and smashed the cover off.

put it back on now, then glue the bit of bumper back in on the cup splitter and each end.

jobs a good un ;)

VRS
i will post pics of my temp fix in a minute wen the bumpers back on! it aint pretty but will have to do till i can replace it

i can imagine it now..

some of art attacks finest PVA glue
some orange tape
and a kellogs cornflake box.

oh not to mention the tv classic, a fairy liquid bottle.

Williams 2
My bro hit a small deer last year, and I had exactly the same damage. Needed new rad, grill and bumper. Took me ages to get it all sorted again. Every time I started up the engine I could smell cooking deer on the engine and exhaust!:dead:. Hope u get sorted soon.