ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highway insurance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Heard bad things about em, but give me a goodish quote through greenlight.

Should I pay more to avoid them?

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Think I was insured by them one - they underwrote HIC insurance as far as i remember. Didn't ever claim so can't comment on what they would be like if you did.

Just re-insured my Clio with Esure - by far the most competitive on price - 182 insurance was £397 fully comp. I added no claims bonus protection and legal cover though so cost a bit more, but not bad all the same.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Esure won't touch me, Just with highway my quote is £100 cheaper than anyone else with all my mods declared.

BMW M135i
Been with them twice now and no problems so far, haven't had to claim though and thats the golden test. Have heard mixed things about them.

172 cup'd extreme
Highway just have a reputation for not paying out what modified cars were truly worth & have got a bad rep on forums and in clubs.

I was with them years ago, I found that they were awful with paperwork, really really bad with it. I kept getting cover notes for about six months, despite asking on numerous occassions for the actual policy, wtf is all that about ??? :S

They kept messing my reg up too. How anyone can't understand the phonetic (sp) alphabet is beyond me.

I'm not a fan of them.

Skoda Fabia vRS
i think i was with them when i had the Clio GTT, never again if i could avoid it, 6 months my claim took, they originally offered me about £800 IIRC

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Never read a decent thing about them. I pay more to go with an insurer that I'm happy will sort things out if I need it.

Focus RS Mk1
im with them now. messed up my reg too! other than they dont cover you on a courtesy car from a garage they have been fine.

cant see me using them again though

R35 GTR
I renewed today, but greenlight were insistent that I take an agreed value policy as a standard market value policy probably wouldnt pay alot in a total loss claim.

I think that was very honest and I am grateful they took time out to help me out.

I have never had any major issues with greenlight, just the odd admin problem, like trying to get the insurance certificate.

5 gt turbo clio172cup
am going thru a non fault claim now with HIC and they are total rubbish!!

am never going with them again after this!!no help at all...

have had to pay for my own cars repairs out of my savings!!!