ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Idle.... Unless I brake?

Clio 182
Bit of a random one.... my 182 has developed a bit of a high idling problem. It will start off at about 2k and work its way up to almost 3k as it gets warmer. The second I put my foot on the brake it returns to a perfect idle?

I am thinking something to do with a vacuum hose?

Anyway I wondered whether anyone had any ideas or experience before I spend all day Saturday lying underneath it hunting for the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't say I've heard of this. Be intersted to read what people suggest. Hope you sort it.

Clio 182
Cheers mate. I'll find it one way or another just would be nice to get a heads up to point me in the right direction.

My other theory is that my car is just eager and revs itself as soon as you take your foot off the break to help you launch it off down the road lol.... It wants to be like one of those fancy new cars with launch control and self revving down shifts lol ;)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I'm thinking vacuum... The servo has valves in, a pipe could be split, a hose could be loose...

Possibly electrical, but as you have said that the brake pedals effects it, I'd follow those bread crumbs...

Hmmmmm bread crumbs

Clio 182
I'm thinking vacuum... The servo has valves in, a pipe could be split, a hose could be loose...

Possibly electrical, but as you have said that the brake pedals effects it, I'd follow those bread crumbs...

Hmmmmm bread crumbs

ha ha... thanks!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Air leak is the most likely cause... possibly a FUBAR'd servo/servo pipe. Easy enough to check for though

Mick

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Kinda related - the air pipe at the back on the inlet manifold to the brakes was only partly pushed on, on mine. After pushing it on fully and twisting it round my brakes felt a little stronger. Perhaps the pipe has a split?

Clio 182
It's a bit weird at the minute.... I bled the brakes fully and it has gone away.

I'm not confident that its not coming back yet but I can't make it show its ugly head again yet.