ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High End Sealants and Wax

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Right guy's, over the last few weeks i have managed to build up a good customer base who own some very nice cars.

Once they have been washed and polished the only sealant i have is Carpro Reload and then they are waxed with Zymol Carbon.
I just don't feel that i offer my customers enough, so is there any better sealants that are as easy to applied as Reload and a longer lasting wax that will have greater water behaviour and of course easy to use.?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The effectiveness of reload is hard to beat (with a spray on sealant).

In terms of the wax, what's your budget?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As a wax, waxaddict quartz. Simple enough to use, but durable it very good, beats or equals most of my durable waxes. And the beading is almost as good as a zymol wax and remains long after most give up.

As for sealants maybe look at something from wolfs chemicals or polished angel

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Reload and Carbon is a great combo to offer! I'm not sure you'll get much better than that without spending many £'s.

Have you ever used Swissvax Shield? You'll be paying a lot of money for the SV name, but it really is a fantastic wax.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do you need a durable wax? As far as spray sealant goes, you won't get one to last more than reload, that's sort of as far as spray sealants can go for now.

Have you looked at essence yet?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Only just started to use them, but tac systems moonlight & one step master sealant are both claimed to last longer than reload. Initial use they don't seem to have the smearing that neat reload can sometimes have on dark colours. Not quite as simple as spray on wipe off but still easy. Initial beading is superior to reload as well

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The effectiveness of reload is hard to beat (with a spray on sealant).

In terms of the wax, what's your budget?
I may keep using Reload then and just buy a better wax.

I was thinking up to £150, what i want is it to still look great a few weeks after ive cleaned it and if it rains to get great water behavior. I want my customers to think that they have got a good job with nice products for there money

As a wax, waxaddict quartz. Simple enough to use, but durable it very good, beats or equals most of my durable waxes. And the beading is almost as good as a zymol wax and remains long after most give up.

As for sealants maybe look at something from wolfs chemicals or polished angel
Thanks Dave, i should have just tagged you into this thread. :smiley:

Could you post up some links mate if you find time?

Reload and Carbon is a great combo to offer! I'm not sure you'll get much better than that without spending many £'s.

Have you ever used Swissvax Shield? You'll be paying a lot of money for the SV name, but it really is a fantastic wax.
I may just stick with it then mate, no i haven't but at £130 its within budget. :smiley:

Do you need a durable wax? As far as spray sealant goes, you won't get one to last more than reload, that's sort of as far as spray sealants can go for now.

Have you looked at essence yet?
Thanks bud, as i said above i want to give my customers good products and a nice final result. A couple of the cars i have waiting to be done are quite special and not used as a daily so i think it would be nice to top them off with a nice wax.

You know far more than me mate so if you have any ideas on what you would do then pleas let me know. :smiley:

I got to use Essence a couple of Saturdays ago, lovely stuff and im sure that a polish with Essence then Reload and with Carbon would look amazing. TBH i only have Carbon and AF illusion in my collection.

The Q3 i did with Essence.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/audi-q3-carpro-essence-polish.796488/

Only just started to use them, but tac systems moonlight & one step master sealant are both claimed to last longer than reload. Initial use they don't seem to have the smearing that neat reload can sometimes have on dark colours. Not quite as simple as spray on wipe off but still easy. Initial beading is superior to reload as well
Ill have a look into it mate, thanks again. :up:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If its a sacrificial wax for looks over the reload (as a base) then I'd chose a nice 'show wax'. Trouble with that is durability tends to be pretty weak.

Good looking waxes with a bit of durability and a special feel, personally I can recommend Glasur and Shield, though most of the Zymol and Swissvax range are good.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If its a sacrificial wax for looks over the reload (as a base) then I'd chose a nice 'show wax'. Trouble with that is durability tends to be pretty weak.

Good looking waxes with a bit of durability and a special feel, personally I can recommend Glasur and Shield, though most of the Zymol and Swissvax range are good.
I understand that mate, the 2 special cars i have lined up to do one lives outside and the other is garaged.

This Saturday i have the Porsche Panamera to machine polish, im going to use Essence, Reload and i might top it off with Illusion just to see how it looks.

How do you think a wax will perform over the top of Reload, will it bond ok?

I don't want to buy Shield for it not to last because of the Reload that its not able to bond to.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I understand that mate, the 2 special cars i have lined up to do one lives outside and the other is garaged.

This Saturday i have the Porsche Panamera to machine polish, im going to use Essence, Reload and i might top it off with Illusion just to see how it looks.

How do you think a wax will perform over the top of Reload, will it bond ok?

I don't want to buy Shield for it not to last because of the Reload that its not able to bond to.
I have waxed over reload but for the life of me I can't remember when it was an how it lasted.

Illusion has limited durability anyway so I can't imagine it will matter too much in this instance. It will look great though.

Is it that Grey Pan again?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get some Shield mate. It's going to give you what you want. Polish then wax. Don't worry about reload in between.

Same with Carbon over Reload, especially on a car used daily, you're defeating the point of the product. The new age products work and repell so well.

Wax for show and garage cars... new age products for dailys really.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have waxed over reload but for the life of me I can't remember when it was an how it lasted.

Illusion has limited durability anyway so I can't imagine it will matter too much in this instance. It will look great though.

Is it that Grey Pan again?
Yes mate it is, this Saturday i had a Bentley Continental GT Speed booked in but the owner is going to France fishing. My friend who owns the Pan said i could go to him and polish the Porsche being as i ran out of time the last time i was there. (the Pan owner and the Bentley owner are mates)

Get some Shield mate. It's going to give you what you want. Polish then wax. Don't worry about reload in between.

Same with Carbon over Reload, especially on a car used daily, you're defeating the point of the product. The new age products work and repell so well.

Wax for show and garage cars... new age products for dailys really.
Thanks again mate, ill get it ordered. :up::smiley:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Waxes start to really work with multiple layers.

Either double carbon up or go Reload, carbon then illusion.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Waxes start to really work with multiple layers.

Either double carbon up or go Reload, carbon then illusion.
I'd probably skip the Carbon, not sure it would add anything to the others.
For the grey Pan I'd probably just go with extra Reload to maintain clarity.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'd probably skip the Carbon, not sure it would add anything to the others.
For the grey Pan I'd probably just go with extra Reload to maintain clarity.

It just adds another layer which always adds to the look imo

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It just adds another layer which always adds to the look imo

How does layering different types of wax on top of each other effect the curing time between layers? Looks like Scott is doing this at other peoples houses, so just thinking time wise is he better sticking to the same type of wax, or this makes no difference? (I've never layered different waxes before)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why not go 2x Illusion?

Due to the nature of illusion I find I have to leave it longer before layering so not ideal for Scott if he's against the clock

@RyG ive never found layering different types of waxes harder than layering the same type tbh

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with Ant. Anything light then layers of sealant always win I'm.

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
Go on polished Bliss website, I think they are based in Scotland. They have everything you could ever want ranging from £25 up £700.
Also very knowledgeable people.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Dealing Addicts page rave on about Nippon Shine Fusso sealant and King of Gloss wax, i've just bought some Fusso, I shall report back.

Oh yea, an update on the Fusso, it's shiny! Had no rain yet though. Oh and don't apply it on a hot day, took me forever to remove.

IMG_0806.jpg

What about Sonax Polymer Net Shield for the not so special stuff Scott? As a sealant it has amazing water behaviour and sheds dirt pretty well. 2 X layers of that would see similar results to Reload but without paying £22 a bottle or so.

It's dirt cheap on Euro Car Parts, I rate it. I'm using it this weekend to protect a fairly new black Transit, using BriteMax Blackmax as a base. Used these in the past and worked real well [emoji1303]