ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID's HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Renault Clio 1.2
hey everyone,

tried to fit some slim-hid's to my wee clio today. but i cant seem to make it sit in the dipped beam place. like theres nothing for it to hold on to make it secure. with the standard bulbs there was a metal clip but i cant manage to put this in behind the hid bulb. i would need to cut the wire and cake it in insulation tape lol any other ways of wiring them if not looks like thats what am gonna be forced to do. also is legal? reply asap thanks guys

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why have you posted this in the media section??
there not even any pics!! lol

That metal clip you mentioned - you need to separate it from the black plastic bit for the standard bulbs, make a small cut in it, wrap it around the HID bulb and use that to sit it in place.

a low one
It isnt legal mate, will fail an MOT and think its also a fine from Police if there going to be arsey about it.

Renault Clio 1.2
photo.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2
the metal clip in the bottom right doesnt fit into the hid cabling at all because the connectors are to big etc. i didnt get what u meant JCC?

That metal clip is the bit that holds the standard headlight in place, the plastic gubbins that it's usually attached to are nothing more than a handle.

You need to actually cut the metal clip, open it up without bending it out of shape too much, then wrap it around the base of the bulb. Then it's a case of fiddling to get it to lock back into place on the headlight. To get it back into place you'll need to have the headlights off the car or be a magician with small hands.

Renault Clio 1.2
i can get the hid bulbs working. only thing i cant do it get it to sit nicely in the headlight. ill upload a few pictures and show you what i mean. :)

The reason you can't get it to sit in the headlight, is because the metal clip is what holds it in place, so it needs to go round the HID bulb. Obviously the plugs etc are too big to go through the metal clip, so you need to make a cut in it, open up it up a little and wrap it around the base of the bulb. Then use that to lock the bulb back in place.

Renault Clio 1.2
i managed to get hid's fitted without takin the headlamps although it was pretty hard but i know how to put them in now i think so hopefully should be easier in future lol but they look great. i have posted a picture of them below. thanks guys

Far too bright.

This will blind everyone coming towards you.

And a nice £60 fine when the police catch you.

MG ZR 1.8
Far too bright.

This will blind everyone coming towards you.

And a nice £60 fine when the police catch you.

They are way to bright.

Read the driving in the dark thread, hdi's are like having someone driving towards you with full beams on, and as I know it stuns drivers that are oncoming, as is does to me.

It's like your driving with full beams on with these lights