ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID's Explained.

Clio 172 Ph 1
Hi All,

I know this has been done to death many times over,

but just found this on good old youtube detailing why HID's are illegal, so it MAY (mean that very loosely) put an end to the debate as to whether they are legal or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5n38wDe684

Enjoy.

(Apologies if people have already seen this and posted it before.)

306 GTI-6
Its not got its facts right as far as I can see

HID kits are not illegal.

Fitting them to headlights not designed to use xenon charged bulbs is.

There is a bit of difference between the two.

Ged

PD130 Peach
still not really legal unless the car was designed from day 1 to take them.

I have projector style headlights but they had H1 normal bulbs in, fitting HID's makes them look like an OEM setup, nice line on the road, not scattered everywhere, however..

I dont have;

Headlight washers
Self levelling setup with a sensor normally being on the front axle

Moral of the story, If you have Projectors, Hid's will look fine and acceptable as long as you use under 6000k bulbs (4300k is OEM) BUT They still arent 100% legal, but you will get away with them 99.9% of the time

If you have REFLECTOR headlights, eg where the light is reflected around the whole headlight, this is DANGEROUS, BLINDING, And bloody well annoying to other road users..

Dont do it :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
OFN. Well that was over 2 years ago and people are still allowed to fit these kits....