ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hid Kits

renault clio 1.4 16v
Morning chaps hope we are all well,

i was thinking of getting hid kit for my motor any ideas of the best one to get?

if yours is a Ph2 just get the Xeonon lights from a 1*2 like above but if its a Ph1 then make sure you have the projector headlights from the higher models and get a HID kit

Smart Car, MX-5, 197
^This. If you really want them make sure you get the HID projector headlights to run them in, otherwise you'll fail the MOT, blind other road users and won't see better due to the crap beam pattern. Not having washers for the headlights doesn't seem to be a problem, although this maybe MOT tester dependent. I bought some £30 cheapies of eBay for my VX220 and they were fine for about 18 months when one of the ballasts failed, I just bought another set and replaced the ballast, with a spare for next time. I opened up the knackered ballast and obviously quality was not on the agenda in the factory it was made in, but what could I expect for £30? I could have spent that on a couple of normal lamps, so I just accepted I'd have to replace them occasionally. I imagine pretty much every kit you get on eBay will be like this. Lastly 4300K is best for seeing, 6000K if you really must, anything above this is for spackers.