ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID kit

clio sport 200
Im looking to buy a HID kit for my clio sport 2010 and not really sure what im looking for any ideas/reccomendations ? cheers

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Projectors (aka Cornering lights on the 200):
Photo080-1.gif

Without projector headlights, HIDs will glare, and blind oncoming drivers.

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
I used to have a hid kit on my 1.2 mk3, never got flashed by drivers beam always seemed normal, and a few friends said it didn't glare when oncoming, but it failed mot do I took at and sold on, but then again is love them back just cba with the hassle of taking them out and putting back every year

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
Forgot to mention, my mates mk2 actually lights up the inside of my car when behind me and notice a few other certain cars do

Ford Transit
So if I was to buy aftermarket projectors from eBay they would be ok so to speak?

Officially no.

Many people still fit HIDs into reflector headlamps and have no issues at all, others who decide not to fit osram night breakers. The Night breakers are nice but not a patch on a real HID kit.

Nathan

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
Well I used to have them in my reflectors but hit MOT time and was looking at selling anyway so returned it to oem

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
So if I was to buy aftermarket projectors from eBay they would be ok so to speak?

If they create the correct beam pattern, then the vehicle would be roadworthy. However still technically illegal because they don't meet type approval, but few police officers will be concerned about that.

I'd get the genuine Renault items personally.