ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID help pretty pleeeaaaseee!

Ph1 172
So went to fit a HID kit yesterday to my ph1 172, simple plug n play kit, connected the ballast to the bulb then to the original bulb holder. Changed fuses as per instruction.
When i went to turn them on... nothing happedned!
Is ther anything i can check or do? or anything tht might be dodgy/common problem?

cheers n happy new year

172 ph-quick
if theyre anything like my kit (from hids4u.co.uk), the ballast that connects to the original bulb plug can be put in two ways. one of mine worked and the other didnt. i turned the plug round 180 degrees and it worked! I also didnt bother changing the fuses as mine said to do it, otherwise they MAY blow but fingers crossed mine have been fine.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Like has been said, the plug going into the ballast might need to be turned around. Was the same issue for me

Ph1 172
cheers for the replys guys. jst had a look n they only connect one way! im stumped tbh!

From the way you've worded it doesn't sound like you've connected the original bulb power source to the new hid kit? Sounds like you've just sat the bulb in the headlight?

Ph1 172
lol naa i have connected the original bulb power source! tryin to put the old bulbs in now n cant get the HIDs out!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sounds like your in a right mess, i fitted some to my mk2 ph2 a few months back and i had issues with fitting them, it was hard to get mine into place and twist and lock them in, in the end I took the front bumper off and got then in dead easy. Don't get why they don't turn on tho, I hope you figure it out

BMW 330ci Clubsport
cheers for the replys guys. jst had a look n they only connect one way! im stumped tbh!
You should have a couple of connecters that have 2 pins. They seem to fit only one way because of the clips. Ignore the clips and put it the other way around. Like I said, thats what I had to do

Also another thing to check is whether the blast makes any noise when you try to turn them on. If it doesnt, its not getting power, so theres a connection issue. If it buzzes for a second then does nothing then the ballast or bulb has had it

Ph1 172
jst pluged it in again, i can hear a clicking from the ballast so i guess its getting power! then theres onlyn two other connectors but i cant swap them over unless i cut them up! dont want to be doin tht! oh well!

Ph1 172
Got them working in the end. i did have the positive n negative round! now jst need to get rid of the awful orange sidelights. cheers for the help!

Ph1 172
well i emailed the seller and he said tht with the 9005 fitment the positive n negative are often the wrong way round, (basically bn put together wrong) so from the original power source to the ballast the wires have to be swapped over!

182 FF
Sounds like your in a right mess, i fitted some to my mk2 ph2 a few months back and i had issues with fitting them, it was hard to get mine into place and twist and lock them in, in the end I took the front bumper off and got then in dead easy. Don't get why they don't turn on tho, I hope you figure it out

Im getting the same problems with my cup, HID's work fine but i just cant twist & lock the xenon bulbs into place! Just no room to do anything lol.. Did it take you long to remove the front bumper??

Sorry to change the topic slightly guys!