ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi! new member from Israel :D

Clio 172 2002
Hi there , I'm from Israel, came here for the knowledge!
In israel the people are not so will informed about the clio sport (we call it here the clio sport , not the 172 or the RS) , lack of general dedication as the car clubs are small and most people don't have the experience.

I have a black 2002 MK2 PH1 clio 172 :) with 120k miles on it. really good condition! everything is original and looked after.
new paint, new engine mounts (that horrible bang when you redline the 1st gear :( ) , gear changes smooth as butter, you name it :)
it was even published in a local magazine :)

I have a few question , what would becoming a paid member give me ?
also , are there any "new guys read this" threads i should be aware of.
thanks !

Attachments

• 222223.jpg
    222223.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 85
  • 2222225.jpg
    2222225.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 91

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to the forum mate!

Membership is brilliant.

£12 will get you a welcome pack which includes a couple of ClioSport branded items, you'll have access to the marketplace where you can sell/buy cars, parts and anything else you can get your hands on, you'll have access to a lot of guides, you'll receive several discounts from other companies. (List can be found here; http://www.cliosport.net/pages/discounts/)

There isn't really a "new guys read this" thread - just stay clear of @Daniel - he's an odd one.

That looks very nice!
Welcome.

Membership is good as you get access to guides sections etc

Love seeing clios from far flung countries [emoji4] I'd imagine their rare in Israel. I imagine here's not much of a car enthusiast culture out there either ?

Clio 172 2002
well there is a enthusiast car culture, the issue is that cars are expensive around here as we get tax on new cars like 100% , so every new car costs automatically twice as much.
also sports cars are even more expensive as not many people buy them so the importer can demand alot of money.

all sports cars are kinda rare around here, we do have enough pegeout GTI's out there , along with VW GTI's and the like, alot of Seat cupra and FR.
but things like mitsubishi Evo or subru STI or honda S2000 is like the most sporty cars you can get around here. and they cost a small fortune, rarely on the boards for sell as 2nd hand.

If i had to guess, I would say we have around 50 clio sport In israel in running condition.

I though Same. Most foreign people have terrible English (to be expected though). Your English is better than most UK members [emoji14]

Maybe a good business plan? Buy a fleet of imprezas etc and drive them out to Israel! Big profit! [emoji41]

Clio 172 2002
Yeah thing is we have nowhere to drive them to ... Can't really drive them to Iran or Syria, we are not the best of friends :laughing: