ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi... Just got a 172

Accord 2.4
Hi Guys,

Just thought id pop a post up here, i've been snooping for the past few days.

Ive just bought a 172 04 plate in iceburg silver, Nice car although it doesnt like screenwash as it dumped it all over our new driveway in under an hour :eek: will investigate that this week sometime

Nice little cars, i have just sold my Mondeo ST220 (Huge fuel bills :lolup: ) hence the user name lol

Only plans is a new CD/MP3 player which should be here tomorrow and thats about it. Unless there is any interesting cheap mods to be done. (its quick enough)

Gary

Seat Ibiza
Welcome.

There are lots of cheap mods that improve looks aswel as many other factors, but its easy to spend the big bucks!! Lol.

Mine did the same with the screen wash, just ended up to be the washer for the pump wasn't sat right. Hope yours is a simple fix!

Audi A3
welcome

i think mine isnt sat right either, pain in the arse to get to though with the scuttle panel being there.

get some pictures up too!

Seat Ibiza
welcome

i think mine isnt sat right either, pain in the arse to get to though with the scuttle panel being there.

get some pictures up too!

I took mine all out, only took a few mins and put a sealer around it. :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Do you have Cruise control on yours then?

removing the screen wash bottle can be a right b**ch, especially trying to remove the wiper arms. i had to do it cos my washer pump was broken and you definitely need a "puller" to get the wiper arms off.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
nope not at all, you have to remove the wiper motor arms then disconnect the pumps. the bottle will then be able to just slot out. when putting it back together make sure you get the motor arm to sit on the locating pin.

Also before you start mark the locations of the blades on the windscreen so you know what angle to put them back at, for me that was the most difficult part after pulling the wiper arms off.

225 Cup & Williams
Welcome mate. You dont have to take the wiper arms off to take the pump out you can squeeze it under the scuttle if you lift it up enough I changed mine in 10 mins doing it that way.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Welcome mate. You dont have to take the wiper arms off to take the pump out you can squeeze it under the scuttle if you lift it up enough I changed mine in 10 mins doing it that way.

doesn't the ph1 have a different bottle, because it doesn't have headlight washers?

Seat Ibiza
Yeah its a smaller bottle I believe, and doesn't go no where near half as far back under the windscreen.

Accord 2.4
Thanks for the warm welcome and cheers for the tips, hopefully its sunny thursday as im about to start nights at work

Mine has cruise control, its nice to do 41Mpg on the motorway compared to 29Mpg in the ST lol

I will get some pics up once ive given it a clean

Accord 2.4
41 was the total MPG of 166 miles from where i collected the car from, mainly motorway but a bit of slow a roads.

What do you get from yours?

Clio 172 Cup
Welcome.

There are lots of cheap mods that improve looks aswel as many other factors, but its easy to spend the big bucks!! Lol.

Mine did the same with the screen wash, just ended up to be the washer for the pump wasn't sat right. Hope yours is a simple fix!

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. However when I took my pump out there was no washer to be seen. I'm fairly sure it hadn't dropped off as I ended up taking the whole tank out looking for it! Do you know the size/type of washer that fits on there?

Simon.

Seat Ibiza
Hi,

I'm having the same issue. However when I took my pump out there was no washer to be seen. I'm fairly sure it hadn't dropped off as I ended up taking the whole tank out looking for it! Do you know the size/type of washer that fits on there?

Simon.

May sound stupid Simon but is the washer inside, from what I can remember it wasnt a standard rubber washer it was shaped for the tank. I bought a pump for the headlamp washers and it came with it. Maybe ask the renault dealer on here if you can get it separate?

Dan

Clio 172 Cup
Dan,

Took out the tank again today to have a look inside. No luck, so I went to the local dealer to get a new washer for the princely sum of £5.09!

Simon