ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Pocklington

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Hi, im Tom from pocklington and im looking into becoming 182 owner.

Ive been to look at a trophy today with 89000 miles on the clock with full service history.

The dampers have all just been refurbished and the bonnet resprayed.

Everything else was mint.

However the only thing that sent alarm bells ringing was i noticed a small amount of oil was present on the inlet manifold where it joins to the head. Its an amount that could be down to a spill when filling up the engine with oil.

Jope to meet some of you guys soon

Cheers Tom

RB 182 cup
Good thanks mate you? Not too sure tbh. Go back for another look and ask him about the oil. Apart from that do you like the look of it?

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Good thanks mate you? Not too sure tbh. Go back for another look and ask him about the oil. Apart from that do you like the look of it?

I do like it a lot yeh, it looks a proper pearl tbg. Very little wrong with it he was very honest on the phone before i went amd had a look.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Decided against the trophy due to the issue with oil around the cylinder head and inlet manifold.

Just looks too suspicious.

Got 2 morr cars to have a look at tmorrow though.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Been and test drove another clio today 182 in silver not a cup.

Again oil over the inlet and rocker cover?

Either people shake like a cat shitting glass when filling them up or that is 2 dogs ive looked at.

Not to worry another one to look at tmorrow :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Quite common for the rocker cover bolts to weep oil, a very easy fix

This, 2 of the 4 1*2s I have owned have done it. Not a massive issue, I'm getting mine sorted when the belts get done next month.

Welcome btw :)

FF Black 182
What 182 have you been looking at in pocklington. Cos the same ones prob came up on my radar when I was looking last week.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
What 182 have you been looking at in pocklington. Cos the same ones prob came up on my radar when I was looking last week.

None in pock, a trophy in bradford and a normal 182 in wetherby.

Got a cup to go see next week in crossgates.

The cup is apparently from what my dad was saying is a bargain.

FF Black 182
is the one in wetherby silver at a dealership? didnt look at any in bradford. looked at one in leeds a blue 172 in rothwell was cheap.

FF Black 182
Ye a silver one at a dealership.

Pristine cars i think the place is called.

stay away from it "bag o s**t" blows like a hooker on rent day. That was the 2nd I test drove out of all the ones I did.plus sales man new nowt about the car.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
stay away from it "bag o s**t" blows like a hooker on rent day. That was the 2nd I test drove out of all the ones I did.plus sales man new nowt about the car.

Thought it was loud, and the paintwork is mashed.

Not to mention the large amount of oil all over the top of the engine.

FF Black 182
It's only got a back on it. But there's a mAssive hole in between the cat and centre silencer. The one I ended up buying has a de-cat on it and its not as loud. Good luck with what ever you buy.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
It's only got a back on it. But there's a mAssive hole in between the cat and centre silencer. The one I ended up buying has a de-cat on it and its not as loud. Good luck with what ever you buy.

Off to see a blue cup on tuesday morning, my old man has already looked at it. Hes said its a cracker for the coin so we shall see.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Finally found a decent clio.

92000 miles full service history inc belts done.

Absolutely imacculate condition all for only £2000 happy days!

Pick her up this week.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Picked the car up today and its a minter will get some pics etc up in the next few days.