ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Essex

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Hi all,

After bumping into some RenaultSport owners by chance at the local BP a few weeks ago and drooling over their cars (there's something about that liquid yellow colour!), I thought I'd sign up here. I don't own a Clio myself but have driven my friends 172 Cup in the past (great fun car!!). Anyway thought I'd say hi and check out if there are any meets local to me.

I'm not sure if non-Renault owners are allowed along, but I'm a petrol head and love all sorts of performance cars. I'm currently running a BMW 1M that has been tuned by DMS Automotive. Although I appreciate it might not be to everyone's taste, I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's already done a few track-days and I'll be dong some more this year :)

Cheers,

Chris.

(A few pics of the 1M if anyone is interested).

JhRWB.jpg

FCYQx.jpg

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Welcome mate,

That looks bloody lovely! :approve:

What you had done to it then

Ta :) The mods list isn't too extensive really.

Performance wise it's got a Forge Intercooler, deleted secondary cats and the DMS remap, so it's up to 431bhp and 485 lb/ft (656nm) torque at the moment. I've also recently fitted Pilot SuperSport tyres all round which have given me a lot of traction back with the added power.

Cosmetically I've powder coated the wheels in matt titanium, added the blackline rear lights, updated angel eyes, alcantara steering wheel, painted all of the chrome bits black (including the badge), had the centre console finished in piano black and fitted some ally pedals.

Ill shut up now as I've probably bored you enough haha!!

Last dyno plot:

9mHjw.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Where abouts in Essex are you from? I'm from Southend and not sure I remember seeing a 1M around here! I absolutely love them... dream car for me tbh, you lucky bugger.

I've got a 182 with a PistonHeads sticker on the rear window :)

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Where abouts in Essex are you from? I'm from Southend and not sure I remember seeing a 1M around here! I absolutely love them... dream car for me tbh, you lucky bugger.I've got a 182 with a PistonHeads sticker on the rear window :)
I'm not far from you actually (over in Chelmsford). I've got a few mates in Southend so it could have been me but I know there are a few 1Ms kicking around these parts. I've got a PH sticker as well :)
f3oKH.jpg

LY 200
I'll strike you a deal! My LY 200 for your M1!?

How can that car not be to everyone's taste, its a weapon.

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Your 1M won't hang about then..

That Exige looks great as well

The Exige was fun, but the tyre wear was terrible. I was getting 4000 miles from a set of rears and that was just normal road use (not even hooning!). Crazy!!

Thought that was a Seloc and PH'er! Hi :)

Yeah SELOC and PH are my main haunts, but I thought I'd check it out on here as well. Seems to be a good site with a load of petrol-heads which is what I'm after :D

172 cup
Ive seen that 1M before i believe. (only in braintree) Both your previous cars are gorgeous.
Any vids of the 1?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Welcome this is a great site for petrol-heads, im sure you will fit in just fine :)

Great cars btw.

Scott

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
4K from a set of rear tyres is pretty mental just on the road. From a relatively small/light car aswel.

Bet it was fun though :D

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Ive seen that 1M before i believe. (only in braintree) Both your previous cars are gorgeous.
Any vids of the 1?

I have relatives out towards Braintree, so it could have been me. I know that there is a black 1M around Chelmsford, but I've not see any other white ones about.

I don't have any vids at the moment as I've not got around to sorting out a decent camera, but it's something I'm planning to do this year.

Welcome this is a great site for petrol-heads, im sure you will fit in just fine :)

Great cars btw.

Scott

Cheers :D There does appear to be a lot of really nice metal on here and I'm enjoying reading the various threads.

Howdy, plenty of Essex meets, had one a little while ago in Basildon. It's never all Clio's that come, you'd fit in fine :p

Yeah I saw that meet but it was a bit too short notice. I'll have to try and get along to the next one where hopefully it'll be a bit warmer!!

Theres going to be plenty of action going on from end of march right through the summer

I'll have to keep an eye out. I know this forum is quite keen on track-days as well which is great as hopefully I'll be able to come along and not be "billy-no-mates" lol!

4K from a set of rear tyres is pretty mental just on the road. From a relatively small/light car aswel.

Bet it was fun though :D

Yeah it was a lot of fun, but the tyre wear was partly my fault. I had a very aggressive geo on the car which meant that it handled like nothing else I've driven, but also meant the tyres didn't last that long. I also had track undertray fitted which stiffened up the car a lot along with uprated engine mounts. The car was really built for the track so was wasted on the road.

Welcome, your car looks very nice!

Cheers! However I'm getting more drawn towards liquid yellow as a colour (although it probably won't suit the Beemer) as it's just such a nice colour, especially in the sun!

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
For anyone interested, I managed to get my car into a magazine late last year and the scan is below.

LHVTX.jpg

qDMUh.jpg

sFjDC.jpg

5N7gA.jpg