ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heygate estate, London.

E36 328i
I took my film camera out for the first time in ages in the last few days so I went to Elephant + Castle in London to the Heygate estate, it is a great place and a lot of the bill was filmed there back in the day. Some of it is being knocked down but there is still some solitary occupied flats. Quite sad as people raised families and spent most of their lives there, it really is an interesting place. I love the look of film, does anyone else use it?

Some photos.

8709146413_b535757ba0.jpg

Photo12_12A by matt_13289, on Flickr

8709146867_fdb429943b.jpg

Photo11_11A by matt_13289, on Flickr

8710266658_3e37081808.jpg

Photo16_16A by matt_13289, on Flickr

8709148261_30611f354f.jpg

Photo09_9A by matt_13289, on Flickr

8709143017_d9a28538ba.jpg

Photo17_17A by matt_13289, on Flickr

8370582630_83229704dc.jpg

Photo17_14 by matt_13289, on Flickr

8369524077_232a0a8695.jpg

Photo11_8 by matt_13289, on Flickr

People were living in the flat where the car is parked outside of, the only one in that block.

Full set here (minus some randoms at the end to use the film up)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pokeorchoke/sets/72157633423009196/

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Brilliant ! Some excellent graffiti around there. The wall that's fallen down with the :( on it...

Do you know what they're going to do !? New posh blocks or some ridiculous shopping centre ?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was working around there for a few months recently.

Harry Brown was filmed there as well as Attack the block and Shank.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Brilliant ! Some excellent graffiti around there. The wall that's fallen down with the :( on it...

Do you know what they're going to do !? New posh blocks or some ridiculous shopping centre ?

Yeah it's being demolished at some point soon with a huge redevelopment taking place

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I always look at the top of the block from the thameslink as I pass by it that's had the graffiti blanked out.

"They buy your happiness...steal it!"

The estate may have been an eyesore, but it's no worse than many of the estates in London and the council stitched the residents up something bad.

E36 328i
Didn't know Harry Brown was filmed there, cool. Giraffe - I see you're only in Essex, get yourself over there before it goes! People even still turn up to the Church on the estate (a flat roofed building that looks like a toilet block!) as its where they lived for most their lives. t

Ron you're in the met yes? I am in Kent but would ideally like to transfer to the mets when the time is right.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Didn't know Harry Brown was filmed there, cool. Giraffe - I see you're only in Essex, get yourself over there before it goes! People even still turn up to the Church on the estate (a flat roofed building that looks like a toilet block!) as its where they lived for most their lives. t

Ron you're in the met yes? I am in Kent but would ideally like to transfer to the mets when the time is right.

This could be a stop off when we do the Waterloo graffiti tunnel next.

Yeah I'm in the met buddy. 10 years! Proper old sweat now! lol ;)

E36 328i
Old sweat indeed mate I bet the job has changed beyond all recognition!

Few of our guys have made the jump recently and they are loving it.