ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitant 182

Dirty E91

Get a weird little prob after starting up my 182, the car feels like its holding back when I drive off , I press the accelerator and its like its refusing to accelerate beyond a certain amount of revs.

Do the RS clios have some sort of warm up protection to stop you driving it to hard before its warmed up? Its a weird feeling like the accelerator pedal is being restricted.

Anyone else come across this?

Focus ST

Perfectly normal after a cold-start. I think its more to do with cold-start emissions control than protecting the engine but from what Ive heard most 172/182s are the same.

Hesitant and slightly lumpy running. As said its perfectly normally and just the ECUs program to get the emissions down on cold starts. There is also protection to stop you over reving when cold but this is just a lowered rev limiter and not the symptoms you are describing.