ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!

Megane 225
Car needed a new clutch (Clio 182) me being a student was skint so had to ask mum to help me out with the money. Anyway local garage a friend of my mums said I can get you a genuine one for 170 or a LUK one for 90 ( I think it's LUK I can't remember, regardless it's a non genuine clutch ) mum being a tight arse opted for the LUK one, me being grateful she was helping didn't argue.

Anyway car went in to have it done last Friday. Midday they ring me saying that the crankshaft seal has gone leaking oil everywhere so there waiting till Monday to finish the job. Ok. Get the car back today go to pull off the whole car pretty much shakes as its on the biting point and then there's a knock as the clutch is all the way up. And also I have no idea why but the steering feels really heavy and feels like it doesn't want to turn and there's also a knock when u do turn. Sounds like the same knock from the clutch.

The clutch only shakes when your pulling off from stationary. I have no idea whether it is just because its new and because its got to bed in? But it just doesn't feel right :( gutted as well I've missed it all weekend.

If anyone can try shed some light on the situation that would be great thanks.

Megane 225
Yea sorry forgot to say its going back in tomorrow morning. This isn't the first time it's been there and something's not been right. So I'm starting to doubt his knowledge so I thought someone here could guide him in the right direction :)