ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With New Headunit/Stalk/Steering Control

Clio 1.2 16v 53
OK, So im looking into fitting a headunit into my 53 plate clio, i specifically want it to have ipod connectivity, i also want it to work with the steering controls, Also How would i fit it to work with the onboard screen that displays temperature and time, ive heard about all these stalk adapters but they range from £4.99 - £100 so im confused, If i didnt connect it to the screen would the time and temperature still display? Any help is appreciated.Cheers :lolup:

Iceberg Ph1
Not to sure on the display on the newer Ph2 Clio, I have a Connects2 stalk controller inside my Clio (2001 Ph1) and the display will illuminate and show temp and time and it also shows Renault but no station names etc.

PM Matt (MT Audio) he is the man to talk too, I have dealt with him a few times and he knows he's stuff!

Last edited:
  Iceberg Ph1
Thats the harness that connects to the Autoleads Connetcs2 control box (That I mentioned above) for stalk controls, what you are looking at is a replacement lead without the actual Connect2 box

Iceberg Ph1
You would need a Clio Stalk Connects2 Box with a Kenwood Stalk harness for this to work yeah, as suggested PM MT Audio :)

Iceberg Ph1
Good luck mate, Hopefully the room behind the stereo unit is bigger then my Ph1! That was a bugger to get all them wires tucked in haha.. :rasp:

ph2 clio 172
another one for asking MT audio, got headunit and all connectors from him, great service and he gave me a really useful tip of removing the bit of trim under the air temp controls (it slides off), that way you getyour hand up the back of the stereo and pull the wires (and th3 vre will be loads!!!) down, so the headunit goes back in nicely