ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with my misfire?

is dirty.
I took my car to a friend today to get the car put on a computer for a diagnostic as it has lost a lot of power in ever gear from low revs and judders a lot. He advised it was mis-firing on cylinder 4 and told me to get a new pencil coil? and by fitting this should solve the problem. I have bought one and fitted this but it has not solved the problem. Does it need to "bed in" first or should I now be looking at something else.
Car is a 1.4 16v Dynamique. 2004 registered.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Honda Integra Type R
No not at all. Once fitted it should be ok. You sure u fitted the right coil?

Could be anything from the

Spark Plug,
Coil Pack,
Injector,
Tappets.

My guess would be if its coming up with a misfire fault code then id check the gap on the plug first then if all ok would consider another injector.

is dirty.
Yeah well I removed the older one and just popped in the new one and screwed in the bolt. Is that all there should be to it? How would you check the gap on the plug?
Cheers for the advice.

is dirty.
I have installed the new coil pencil thing on number 4 and haven't reset an fault codes. The amber engine light comes on intermittently when I go about say 3k revs. If I start it now then the light is off, do I still have to get it reset then or shouldnt things just go back to normal now the new item was fitted on there?

It doesn't really run any better when warm, just seems to run the same on start up and half hour into driving.

Honda Integra Type R
I know exactly what u have done. Just re-read it and realised its a 1.4 Engine K4M

Uve replaced the Number 1 Coil instead of Number 4

Theres 4 coils

O---O---O---O
4----3---2---1

i bet uve replaced the 1 on the far right?

is dirty.
Yeah I have...So what your saying is I've funked it up! Can I just take number 4 out again and put it in number 1? Oh and then put the one I have laying here in number 4?

Honda Integra Type R
Yeah I have...So what your saying is I've funked it up! Can I just take number 4 out again and put it in number 1? Oh and then put the one I have laying here in number 4?

Emmmmmmm Lol confusing.
Right what you do is.

Remove Number 4 Coil + Bin It.
Swap Number 1 Coil (Youre New Coil) into Number 4 Cylinder.
and the Coil u have laying about put it into Cylinder 1 Fire it up and away you go.

Remember Coil:- O---O---O---O
.........Cylinder:- 4....3.... 2.... 1

;)

Hope this helps

is dirty.
All I can say to you is...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Is now all sorted, shall remember that for the future.
Once again, thanks!