ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with 2004 1.2 8V broken accelerator

Vectra 1.8 SRI
Hi guys,

Have looked around the site for ages since wanted a 182 for a good while, just never really posted before. I need some urgent help, my mums 2004 1.2 8v authentique.

its 30 odd miles away just now right out in the sticks, and she text me saying that throttle cable snapped, am I right in its got a electric set up so probs a busted pedal sensor kinda thing? cat is in local garage but guy not had chance to look at it and I have not spoken to them.

dealers and local breaker all shut so need to sort this out tomorrow now

Am trying to look online and pretty sure is a electric setup but some places list the 8v as having a cable so a tad confused, so any experts or even 04 1.2 owners help me please

many many thanks
mark

Vectra 1.8 SRI
Hi folks got bit more info from the mother, its def a cable so going to try get one from local motor factors, thanks MWRS182
for the offer, looks like I won't need it though.
now just to find one that fits, plenty seem to stop at 01 but im taking a guess the cable is the same, its just they think that after 01 they all 16v

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's a bit of a guess, but if it's the same engine code as the mk2 ph1 1.2 8v, then the throttle cable should be the same. Renault could confirm this for you.

Here's the reg of a 1.2 8v mk2 ph1

S504 RLL

If you want to check that the part number for the above car, and your car's throttle cable are the same with renault over the phone, then the cable can come off any 8v 1.2

Vectra 1.8 SRI
Everwhere seems to say that the throttle cable won't fit a post 01 1.2 8v, it fits about 20 other Renaults, just not this one, so I have gone with it being a listing error on a epc since it cant be a special cable just for this one combo of engine and car when plenty others work fine.

ordered one a ECP and going on a 80 mile round trip to take it garage first thing tomorrow lol joy of living in Aberdeenshire