ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! What is this warning light?

Iceberg 172
Hi everyone. I had the new oxygen sensor fitted on my car yesterday,it drives and sounds great now,i'm well pleased it's sorted and bloody glad to see that damn warning light not lit up anymore!!
Thanks for all the advice/help,much appreciated...Lisa x :D

RS Clio 182
I have this light flashing at me when i come to a stop at traffic lights mainly,but the car is running fine otherwise - is it really that serious if its just a faulty sensor for emissions?

it was doing it earlier this spring occasionally (normally when its cold on a morning),and then it hasnt flashed all summer for about 4 months,but the other day it flashed in the morning at traffic lights & in the evening - but i had put some different unleaded in earlier which might have something to do with it.

I just cant help thinking it isnt that serious if the car is running fine & the light didnt flash for about 4 months...

172 Cup
Mine's come up on three occasions recently, flashing, whilst the car had been stationary for a minute or two. The first two times I stopped + restarted the engine and it went away, and the third time I drove off to see what would happen and after 1/4 mile it went out. I read the codes and there wasn't anything on there, so mine remains a mystery! :S

I'm with Noodle999, I haven't read the codes or anything, but as I've just bought it it's still under a 3 month warranty so I'll see how it goes for now and if it comes back at all. Reading the other posts from people, I believe the garage probably will have just put normal unleaded in, recently I've filled it with the premium unleaded, so I don't know if this'll make a great difference?
Are you bothering to get yours seen to at all Noodle999?

Thanks.

i tried a new set of plugs and it did improve it. but it still miss fires.
i wanted to save as much coin as possible so i hunted around for a good price.
ended up getting a coilpack with the built in leads for £55
gonna change it over in the next few days
i will pop back and report what happens when i do.. fingers crossed. other wise it could be the lamba sensor on mine too.

Iceberg 172
Hiya noodleman. I'm still having problems with my car,5/6 weeks later!! I had the new lambda sensor fitted,2 weeks later the engine management light came back on,had it code read again and it was showing the same fault so garage had a look and found it was a broken feed wire,i presume to the sensor,replaced that and 3 days later the E.M light has come back on again!! I'm proper fed up! It's going back to the garage tomorrow for them to investigate further

hiya lisa...hmmm that sucks....the garage should have checked the wiring to the sensor before thinking the sensor was knackered.

i changed the coil and leads today. very simple job.BUT ----

the very end of the sparkplug lead extender snapped off in the sparkplug tube when i pulled the old one out.. i was like WTF..
after swearing several times and then praying i managed to get it out lol
the miss firing has gone now..but the light is still on.
the lad who checked my car over with a laptop said the fault will have to be reset once i changed the coil. as the fault will lie in memory.
so for me the car is running fine now.. i was hoping i dont need to mess with the lambor sensor.
my bloody electric window has gone now!

arrghhh when it rains it pours as they say.

Iceberg 172
hiya noodleman...yeah you'll have to clear the fault out of the memory on your car otherwise the light won't go off,glad your car is all sorted and running fine now. Hope you get your window sorted.
I took my car to the garage this morning and i havent heard anything off them all day,they will be closed now so i'll have to see what tomorrow brings