ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! What has set off my immobiliser?

172 race build
Hey guys, first post on here. I bought a 172 a while back and plan on using it for trackdays. I have been stripping the car and then started removing what i thought was unnesscary wiring. I have removed the airbags etc and all was fine but i think it must have been when i cut the wires for the boot locking mechanism that now the car wont start and it seems to be the immobiliser. I have tried the reset with no luck as it obviously keeps tripping. Do I have to try and refit the wiring to the boot lock or is there a way around this? I was hoping i could just remove the imobliser altogether but after some research that sounds like a no no on the clio. After some help and any ideas to how i can get my engine running again. Any ideas welcome :)

Clio 172, ITB 106GTI
You could have it removed if a track car? Someone on here can do it mick maybe? But it's obviously anti theft and invalided insurances etc!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You've made the rookie mistake of going straight at it with a pair of pliars without appreciating how the wiring loom connects the various systems. In doing so you will have removed a vital link which is now prohibiting the car from starting (or even turning over I guess)... Wiring diagrams, system management layouts and component pin-outs are your friend in situations like these.

I had to do this for Geoff Hiatt's charged track toy after he went hard at the cabin looms and it wasn't what I'd call "fun" but in the end it drove back on to the trailer! If you want to have a go at it yourself you can and you simply need to undo everything you've "Modified". Unfortunatly you probably won't be able to do that correctly as many wire gauges and colours are duplicated throughout the looms and in some cases they switch colours at junctions to aid in vehicle security.

My advice IF you do go down the DIY route (and if you can get the affor mentioned diagrams) would be to simply look at each essential pin on the entire electrical infrastructure (UCH, ECM, ABS/ESP, SRS, Etc) and make sure they're all getting power, earth and CAN H/L signals as required as the rest, depending on what it was you were trying to achieve, simply isn't required so can be scrapped. If you wanted someone else to sort it for you then by all means give me a shout as I can even build you the custom lightweight loom if you want.

Mick