ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help removing tints :(

Superleggera'd MK3
Quick question. Does anyone know whether the heating elements on a mk3 clio are on the inside of the window or the outside? Ive got 3 horrible limo tints on my car atm and want to take them out but am a cheap skate and dont want to pay 40 quid for someone to do it :) it would be good if they are on the inside of the glass as i think my tints are on the outside. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Oh right, i assume that is common then? Tbf, it was pretty much pitch black outside when i had a quick look tonight.

Megane R26
Hi there,

Yes your tints will be installed on the inside of the glass.

The easiest way to remove them is to use a steamer (as in a wallpaper steamer!) to heat up the entire tinted surface and lightly cut one of the corners so that there is enough to pull on the film away from the glass. Continue to heat as you slowly remove the film and then it should come free.

If a cheap tint has been used then you may have some issues with the adhesive becoming active again if you apply too much heat so adjust your technique accordingly.

Once removed, clean the remaining adhesive off using something like washing up liquid and 000 grade wire wool. You can use a blade if no heater elements are present - such as on the side windows.

Hope this helps.

Russ.

Superleggera'd MK3
Cheers mate, appreciate the help. Will try that method when the weather clears up outside :)

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
I removed mine by pealing them back very very slowly, took over an hour and it came off with very little residue on the screen. Cleaned that off with a squeegee and that's it.

Please be careful with the rear demister.

Renault clio 172
I heated it first with a heat gun and it peeled straight off. I had it on all 5 windows but I didn't heat it enough on the first one so it left some glue on the window.