ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please - Spark Plug Changing

PH1 172
Hi I own a ph1 172 (W reg) and was wondering if someone on here could post up a step by step guide on how to change the spark plugs myself so that I can print it off and follow while doing it?

Help will be much appreciated :)

Hi, I attempted this on my mk2 172, got all the tools an what no and started the task, however I got stuck removing 2 cables to the plenham. I have a pic which shows the approx location of the cables that dont seem easy to remove, the red ones I have taken off no probs, although the purple lines are 2 cables which dont seem to have clips (I dont know if these are data, air cables or tubes, im not very technical) many thanks..

photo0019de8.jpg

172 Ph2
The plastic plugs have little release buttons/clips on them! If I recall the 'purple' marked hoes are just push on, pull off jobbies! I fitted my plugs last week and had no problems. There really isn't anything complicated! Anything that has a release clip will need that pushing before it will come off, anything else should just pull off by hand if I recall!! I'll have a proper look fo you later if you're still stuck!! Just be carefull not to over tighten the plugs back into the block!! Also, the leads can be a bit of a tug to get off of the plugs but no more so than any other car. When re-fitting the plenum make sure you get the leads tucked neatly under it else you won't be able to locate the plenum! It's really easy though mate :) :)

Clio 172 mk2
Easy job

Be carefull when putting the plenum back on again not to overtighten and strip threads.