ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please on brake discs and pads!

Clio 182 2.0l sport
iv read thru a few of recent threads.. but stil unsure on wot to get!!

i wud prefer all 4 to be the same.. just my preference!!

i dont go on tracks.. i just use general day to day! but with havin a 182, i do like speed n few races here n there!

iv seen these on ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120371200457&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
but few people have said to stay away from drilled grooved! :S

im looking at spending around the same price.. (well hopin i can get them for my birthday next month lol!) any help much appreciate! :D

I've just had new discs & pads all round on my 172 . . . I got EBC ultimax (which are drilled & grooved) I got them off of europerformance.co.uk and its website sed they were correct fitment for 172/182 sport, anyway when it came to having them fitted they had to take the bearings and ABS ring off my old rear discs and put them onto the ultimax ones . . . a lot of hassle!! I didn't know much about cars so just assumed they'd fit right on.So make sure when your shopping for discs you check the rear ones have new bearings and ABS ring with them to save you a lot of hassle and money! Now that they're on tho they look awesome against the turini's and great for fast road use although I don't recommend europerformance as they chargrd me VAT and you would normally get that deducted when ordering from the Channel Islands or Isle of Man, I emailed them but have heard nothing back . . . won't be using them again!

BG182FF
the fronts are easy to replace, but to make the rears just as easy, its best to buy the rear discs with bearings and abs. I bought mine from K-tec and have been spot on so far. They all dont have to be the same as the rears do little braking anyway, think its like 80% front, 20% back if i remember reading on here. Most people just buy OEM for rears as they are fine and upgrade the fronts to Brembo HCs from Ktec.

Clio 182 2.0l sport
thanks.. this will give me few things to look in to! my brother will be changin them for me so hopefully he no's about the bearings on the rear, if not i do now so can mention this! he works on cars for enjoyment, and works on cranes for work :S

do you ave pics of them k-tec172? id like myn to look good aswel

I quick just ran out and took some for ya :D. I was the same as you and wanted to have the same disc's all round, but if I'd have known what hassle it was gonna be for the garage I would'nt have bothered! I would take cheekymartin's advice and make sure you go for rear discs with bearing and abs ring already on - it doesn't really matter if they match cos you can't really even see the rear discs more than that! . . . . just wish I'd been sensible like you and come on here and asked first before I bought :eek: lol

Anways, here they are:

Front:
Photo0080.gif
Photo0081.gif

Rear:
Photo0077.gif
Photo0082.gif

Clio 182 2.0l sport
Front brake discs:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2786&appid=2

I got these rears:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1574&appid=2

Pads can be bought anywhere depending what sort you fancy.

thanks i'l take a look at those :)

I quick just ran out and took some for ya :D. I was the same as you and wanted to have the same disc's all round, but if I'd have known what hassle it was gonna be for the garage I would'nt have bothered! I would take cheekymartin's advice and make sure you go for rear discs with bearing and abs ring already on - it doesn't really matter if they match cos you can't really even see the rear discs more than that! . . . . just wish I'd been sensible like you and come on here and asked first before I bought :eek: lol

Anways, here they are:

Front:
Photo0080.gif
Photo0081.gif

Rear:
Photo0077.gif
Photo0082.gif

they look good tho :) like the wheels too! lol. i think im either havin calipers red or yellow! :S ye i thought id be safe this time n just ave a look at wot other people are using! want something good, n obv gna make ma car stop lol! but to look nice too :)

Clio 182 2.0l sport
wel found some with bearing and abs, and good set of brake pads, for a good price too (wel so iv been told!) birthday in couple weeks so gettin them for that!

cheers for help!

Black Clio GT
standard renault ones with the bearings in already for the rear, brembo hc fronts then run either an upraded/oe ferodo pad all round........
will be fine for fast foad use!!

also make sure the sliders in the calipers are free/well greased or they may bind on a little (especially the rear) causing the disc to over heat/crack!!