ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please... Clio 182 drivers light problem.

M

missbonny

Hi all, really hoping you can give some advice please. Serious girl in a head thrash.

We got a clio 182 and have been trying to sort out the drivers side light. Im lead to believe by other half that the 182 has HID Xenons as standard, if someone wants to confirm this? Anyway, so the HID bulb on the drivers side doesn't work. Everything other light works fine. Indicators, full beam, fog lights and side lights are all good. We have changed the bulb over with the passenger side and it it worked, so it isn't the bulb thats gone, we have also put the drivers side black box that puts power to the headlight on the passenger side, and it worked so it isn't that either.

We tried to test whether power was gettign to the plug that goes into said black box on the dirvers side but the circuit tester didn't get anything. Never thought to check this on passenger side though, blonde moment, will check in morning, anyway other than the black box and bulb what could the issue be? If the ballast goes does everything else ont hat headlight still work?

Hope all this makes sense, womens terms galore lol. I'm by no means clued up on anything carsy lol.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help please... Clio Sport 182 drivers light problem.

I am no expert but my money would be on the ballast. Its the silver box bolted to the bottom of the headlight. You will have to take the bumper off to get to it Y
If i was you i would whip the bumper off and try the passanger side headlights ballast on the drivers side and see if thats your problem.

ballasts go for 35-60 on ebay - like this (not my listing btw)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-SPOR...s_SM&hash=item4d04138d3a&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1219

M

missbonny

anyone know someone with a ballast for sale??

megane 285 sport

shes already tested the ballast as she said she tested on the other side, you might want to check the fuses

M

missbonny

No i havent checked the ballast we couldn't get to that bit. Managed to swap bulbs over, and the black xenon ignitor pack things that go right behind the bulbs over, these all work. We haven't had the bumper off to get to the ballast pack and i wanna make sure i have one before we take the bumper off as its our only vehicle so it's easier to check and replace in one. I'm hoping it is just the ballast. We used a tester (bulb and wire) to test for power to the plug on the end of the green wires, the bulb didn't light up meaning no power getting to the plug that goes in the black xenon ignitor box. Is there any other way to test if power is getting to the xenon ignitor box?

RenParts can supply you with a new ballast if that's what you need, they're in Doncaster but do post items.

M

missbonny

ye i rang renparts wanted £60 thought it was a bit rich personally.