ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed whats this?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
defo noise mate.

I do lots and lots of low light photography...and this is very common.
It becomes more pronounced with extended exposures.
We tend to switch NR (noise reduction) when shooting over 5seconds.
NR - is a system inside the camera that rescans an image once taken, looking for these "stray" noise blobs within individual pixels - and sattempts to repair them.
Some cameras are better than others....and in fact for work purposes we use the FUJI S5 a lot of the time.
The reason yours are showing as different colours is the RGB is coming through...if it were dust it would be black.

push it through CS3 and apply dust & scratches filter...cleans it up a bit.
speckle.jpg
Hope this has helped

Steve

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Haven't a clue mate, just chucked D500 into google and it came up with a Samsung camera phone.

Did think I may be wrong as he said a 25 second exposure - and I am sure a phone can't do that???

172 Cup
Camera: Olympus E-500
Exposure: 50 sec (50)
Aperture: f/22
Focal Length: 40 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -1 EV
Flash: 8

Image Description: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Date and Time: 2008:07:03 21:19:34
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Shutter priority
Date and Time (Original): 2008:07:03 00:00:08
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:07:03 00:00:08
Maximum Lens Aperture: 925/256
Metering Mode: Spot
Color Space: sRGB
Exposure Mode: Manual
Digital Zoom Ratio: 100/100
Saturation: High saturation
Compression: JPEG
Caption/Abstract: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Image Width: 3264 pixels
Image Height: 2448 pixels

172 cup'd extreme
Sorry guys its an E500 i am still learning, The camera does have a NR function so i better use it LOL
Thank you very much!

Wow, never seen a DSLR produce something that noisy, that's a lot of hot pixels.
In the future try a higher ISO like 400 and a larger aperture like f/11 to get yourself a much quicker shutter speed..

LY 182 FF CUPPED
F11!!! more F2.8/4

All that aside if it is long exposures you are after get your ISO down as low as poss...100ISO.
And stick your NR filter on and open the lense wide as poss...should sort 95% of the problem.