ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed ASAP

2000 Clio 1.2
I have a Clio 1.2 2000 and it has a weird idle problem where it goes up and down in revs on its own but it only happens when idling, i have uploaded a video to show you what i mean

Also is the car revving at the right revs as it idles at 1000 when cold but goes too 500 when hot .....

View My Video

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd try removing the idle control valve first. Whip it off, soak it in brake/carb cleaner and clean it all out and try that.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've never done one on a 1.2 sorry mate.

On the 1.4 8v they are under the airbox and throttle body if that helps.

2000 Clio 1.2
I've never done one on a 1.2 sorry mate.

On the 1.4 8v they are under the airbox and throttle body if that helps.

Ok ill have a look tomorrow when its light, under my air filter is a metal tray.... is it under that ?

172 cup
couldnt tell you on the 1.2 mate never had one. theres usually 2. Probs going into the front of the engine block.

2000 Clio 1.2
couldnt tell you on the 1.2 mate never had one. theres usually 2. Probs going into the front of the engine block.

Sounds like it wont be easy too get too, so its either 1. Live with it or 2. Pay a garage too do it

2000 Clio 1.2
It will sit inbetween the throttle body and the engine.

Ok :), i hope someone who has a 1.2 sees this and can maybe show a picture of what it looks like, is it a common problem for Clio's or just my car being unlucky yet again ?

172 cup
does your car have a cable throttle? If so theres usually an adjustment for idle so you can make it idle slightly higher if its just struggling to keep itself ticking over it

2000 Clio 1.2
does your car have a cable throttle? If so theres usually an adjustment for idle so you can make it idle slightly higher if its just struggling to keep itself ticking over it

There is a thing near the throttle body that my dad did adjust but it did nothing what so ever to the idle so im guessing i dont have a cable throttle....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is sideways danny not around the corner from you? Can you not get him to have a look?