ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed - 172 Cup ride height measurements

I'm still having a few problems with the ride height on my 172 Cup not looking right (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=463371&highlight=riding+too+high). Fred's had a look and agrees it doesn't look right, even though the car has definitely got the right parts :banghead:

So, I know it's damn cold out there, but if anyone with a standard (unmodified) 172 Cup could measure the ride height from top of wheel to bottom of wheel arch a post it on here for me to compare with, that would be fab :approve:

only because i checked for someone else recently, i know that mine's 13cm from the bottom of the arch to the top of the front wheel rim (original springs)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
just did a quick measure. its dark, cold and parked on a slope so these are very approximate!!!

Front : 8cm
Back : 4cm

hope this helps!!!

Just realised i measured to the tyre, will go measure again!

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. Mine are front 13cm :approve: and ... 13 rear :eek:
Thought it didn't look right! Now, what could be causing that? To recap, it's had new rear springs and dampers but the part number labels on them are correct for a Cup :S

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
i haven't really got a clue, maybe they will bed in. Rember there is very little wait over the back!!
Or perhaps they aren't sitting right or have been fitted wrong???
Maybe put a 2 large mate in the back and go for a drive and see if it helps, but to be fair i don't really know what im talking about!!!

Already done >2k miles on them, typically with a load in the boot (camping, mountain bikes, that knd of thing) so would have thought they would have bedded in by now

Here's a thought ... although my rear springs have the right part number, could they have been mis-labelled at Renault (or whoever supplies their springs)? i.e. has the supplier put a 172 Cup labels on non-Cup springs, supplied them to Renault, and then Renault have sent what they think are Cup ones to me because it says so on the label?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think (imo) you'd be better off with some prolines. Pretty much direct replacement, in terms of height and a little 'tighter' on the handling, the springs are even O.E colour. That'll sort it for 150 notes, less if you source some off here..