ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!! MY CAR WONT DO MORE THAN 3000RPM AND A LIMP MODE LIGHT

Milltek'd clio 182
Pulled out of work to find i cant do no more than 10mph, i have a light come up on the dash it is a square box with a zig zag line through the middle, as if its on a life support. I can not rev the counter past 3000rpm, can some one help me please. thank you.

BMW M135i
Throttle system fault probably. Needs to go on clip or have the obd codes read at the very least before going any further.

Milltek'd clio 182
right, we cleared the codes today, an i have also taken the throttle pedal off an sprayed abit of wd40 to clear any shite out of it an put it back on. It has been fine since and i have been driving it for 20 minutes and has been ok, sat at the idle fine. All im worried about is if it happens again, then we reckon it could need another throttle body which will probably be about 180 quid, so scrap yard it is.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
right, we cleared the codes today, an i have also taken the throttle pedal off an sprayed abit of wd40 to clear any shite out of it an put it back on. It has been fine since and i have been driving it for 20 minutes and has been ok, sat at the idle fine. All im worried about is if it happens again, then we reckon it could need another throttle body which will probably be about 180 quid, so scrap yard it is.

I did this 1000 miles ago, no light after!

Milltek'd clio 182
what you had exactly the same, well if it happens to you again, i no i will be the last person your want to worry about but could you keep me informed fella, would be nice to know what it is, as i have got my car booked for a remap and rolling road saturday morning so just hoping my car will still be running normal

Clio 172 RS2
I had this on and off in my 172 Phase II.

- First time had it diagnosed > no faulty parts: faultcodes removed and TB cables partly renewed (bit chaffed in the metal junction box, the box at the direct ignition cables) connectors cleaned, gas pedal sensor cleaned.
Turning engine off and restart at some point fault lights stayed away or came back on later.

- Second time (half year later) had it diagnosed > faulty TB: faultcodes removed and new TB fitted (butterfly electro motor suppossedly goes along 140.000 km).
Alongside the 'micro wave' signal the 'air polution' signal also went on and car was really limping, no engine off/restart/battery cables off would help.

- Third time at big service interval (a year later) , limping again after cold start, new Lamba probe fitted after readings where off even after driving around to get the engine warm as to a leaner mixture.

BMW M135i
What were the codes?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I can only assume that it was poor contact on the throttle pedal, it would happen 2-3 times in a 30 minute journey, read the fault codes everytime it happened and it blamed pedal potentiometer, so removed cleaned and refitted plug on the pedal. 1000 miles and no light.

Milltek'd clio 182
couldnt tell you the codes as it was my mrs brother who had his kit out on the car, been driving today an its been fine, so touch wood that its ok now, i have had a wet carpet under my seat and im wondering whether the moisture in the air has made it go loopy and has made some sort of contact with the throttle pedal, what do you reckon? yay or nay.