ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ME PLEASE (ICE help needed!)

Clive the Clio no. 2
Hi all,

just got my new car from the finance company,

i installed my sub and amp today,

it was all working fine, until bang, the headunit stopped working and the clock light went off aswell.

i checked the fuses and it had blown, so i bought some replacement ones which are in, and it still doesnt work.

everything else works apart from headunit and clock light,

can someone please help?

1st learn what you're doing as you've more than likly cause a short somewhere.

Go to the fuse box and check all the fuses. If there okay then come back, as thats the 1st thing to check.

Clive the Clio no. 2
1st learn what you're doing as you've more than likly cause a short somewhere.

Go to the fuse box and check all the fuses. If there okay then come back, as thats the 1st thing to check.

my mate did it and he does it for a living, no need for that comment,

all the fuses are ok, checked all of them.

Maybe he needs a new profession.

If the fuses are okay, have you checking the voltage at teh back of the clock & the headunit. To make sure there is power there. Also check the resistance of the ground, to check thats okay.

There is a hell of a lot more than 3 fuses in a car. Get the manual out and find the others, like on the dash side in teh clio, there 20 odd in there. And under the bonnet as well.

Then do the other thing i sugested above and check there is voltage at teh hu and clock and the resistance of the ground

Nah what i mean is.

On the back of the head unit, you will have a + and - cable, and another cable that is linked to the ignition. Check all of these have a voltage across them and the resistance of teh earth.

I say the back of the clock as if the fuse hasnet gone im not sure why else the clock wouldnt work. Unless it had no power.

The iso fix bar is okay, to earth to but not the best. You really need a bare metal surface with direct contact to the cable for the earth from the amp.

Tell me what your system is, power figures etc, and what size cables youve used and what size inline fuses you have after the batt so i can get a better picture please chap.

vaux cavalier
The ign live fuse has blown mate.....

Find it & change it, (if its a 5A fuse & it blows again, swap it for a 10A fuse)....

In the car manuel it will have a list of all the fuses and which are what. find the fuse box with the one wallop pointed out in and pull the fuse out, see if the fillement in the middle is there or gone and you know if its that.

Clive the Clio no. 2
all fuses have been checked, all working and not popped, there is power running from the battery to the amp, but there is no power running from amp to sub, also there is power running into the headunit cables in the back, but its not running into the headunit

1.2 Clio
So this voltage is present on the wiring harness that goes into the HU?
ALL these voltages you state i assume you're getting from there?
If you are but you HU still doesn't turn on, you've blown it!

Clive the Clio no. 2
ive tried 3 headunits and they all dont work! could the bulb behind the clock light popped and therefore not getting a full curcuit?

172 CUP
did you sort this as i have the same problem but not getting full voltage on the 12v perm live.

My clock is also off but it is a 197 not sure if its different. I dont really want to go taking the dash off to check the clock unless i have to.

Steven-b