ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP mayo on oil cap heaters not working?

Mk5 golf gti
hi everyone this isnt on my clio
but on my sisters 2001 corsa sxi 1.2
she said to me that her heater were blowing just cold air
so checked coolant
which was low
then oil cap an its full of mayo
has the headgasket gone
what should i do???????

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Heater Matrix possibly, have seen it happen on a friend's friend corsa and in the end headgasket went

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds like headgasket.

Have you filled the coolant up with water and left it running? See if it gets hot?

Mk5 golf gti
what see if the water gets hot????
the heating on the car was blowing hot up untill 2 days ago
thing is we only bought the car on sunday!
if the heater matrix went would i still get the mayo on the cap????

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
what see if the water gets hot????
the heating on the car was blowing hot up untill 2 days ago
thing is we only bought the car on sunday!
if the heater matrix went would i still get the mayo on the cap????

Fill it with water, and see if it eats it all up! If its using water, the headgasket is fubar'd!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like head gasket to me, not that expensive a job if you can do most of it yourself, just need to pay to get the head skimmed.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Water will get hot,

What daniel means is, when you fill the coolant bottle up if it goes down quick then its headgasket.

Ye the heatermatrix will not circulate the water, so it will mix with the oil = mayo

ITB'd MK1
Sounds like head gasket to me, not that expensive a job if you can do most of it yourself, just need to pay to get the head skimmed.

it's a c**t of a job, that engine is not a good design. The timing chain and tensioners and chain guide are a well known weak point, so they'd need replacing, and the timing wheel for the cam sensor is floating so you need special locking tools. Dreadful engine. Swapped an engine on one that had a snapped chain, and the new one rattled like a bag of bolts, they're all s**t

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
it's a c**t of a job, that engine is not a good design. The timing chain and tensioners and chain guide are a well known weak point, so they'd need replacing, and the timing wheel for the cam sensor is floating so you need special locking tools. Dreadful engine. Swapped an engine on one that had a snapped chain, and the new one rattled like a bag of bolts, they're all s**t

lol, never helped do one on that engine, I helped my uncle do a couple of peugeot/citroen old diesels (belt not chain) and presumed they'd all be similar.

Although i never said it was easy, just cheap to DIY

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I have a X plate Corsa at the moment with a headgasket gone and i've had it for about 2 months. NOBODY will do it. All saying preety much exactly the same as you!

Mk5 golf gti
ok i topped the water up and took it for a drive to heat it up
an the water temp was all ova the place
it went up to just ova half then all the way down to the bottom an kinda stayed there
fluctuating a bit an heater went kinda warm wen the temp went up

Mk5 golf gti
please help guys
my sister is in distress lol
she saved for months for this
just not sure wether to let her drive it to work 2moz incase it does anymore damage

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My advice, ( i sell cars for a living)

DON'T DRIVE IT!!! Ring the garage at 9.30 am (Give the bloke a chance to have a brew) and explain that the car is over heating, heaters are not working and there is a lot of gunk in the oil cap. Don't mention the headgasket.

Give him an oppurtunity to repair the car fairly.

If you drive it and fcuk it up good and proper, he will say its all your fault and tell you to go fcuk yourself.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Take it back to the dealer, I'm sure they have to provide either 1 or 3 month warranty even on used cars.

Thats what I was told when vw main dealer wouldn't sell me a p/x going to auction as a trade deal, since they still by law have to warranty it.

Daniel should know if this is true or not?

Mk5 golf gti
My advice, ( i sell cars for a living)

DON'T DRIVE IT!!! Ring the garage at 9.30 am (Give the bloke a chance to have a brew) and explain that the car is over heating, heaters are not working and there is a lot of gunk in the oil cap. Don't mention the headgasket.

Give him an oppurtunity to repair the car fairly.

If you drive it and fcuk it up good and proper, he will say its all your fault and tell you to go fcuk yourself.

yea good point
ok thanks matey

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Take it back to the dealer, I'm sure they have to provide either 1 or 3 month warranty even on used cars.

Thats what I was told when vw main dealer wouldn't sell me a p/x going to auction as a trade deal, since they still by law have to warranty it.

Yes and no. The car needs to be in a condition that fits the age and miles and price.

It also needs to be fit for purpose, so in that respect, it should be repaired FOC by the guy he bought it from.

Mk5 golf gti

he gave us a rac warranty that covers up to £1000 repair but it says in the book it must of had a manafacturer service or something first
my dads also ringin them in the mornin to see what the score is
wether to take it to garage or have them collect it or to have rac fix it under there warranty

Mk5 golf gti
garage have said they will sort it if rac dont.but i hope rac do.as i know its getting done properley.i hope its just the heater matrix