ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help identify this stealth exhaust on a 172

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I've not seen anything like it before and theirs no markings or clues. Stealth with no resonator box and almost looks like a one piece jobbie...

IMG_3836.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3838.jpg
    IMG_3838.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    703.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3835.jpg
    IMG_3835.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 49

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Powerflow custom job maybe? Assuming it’s stainless (looks it), doesn’t look like anything normal off the shelf.
Thanks for the reply, its kind of what I thought too but good to have that confirmed.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah Av, looks like Powerflow or Magnaflow or soemthing along those lines. Could even be somewhere like Pro-speed as most places without some form of franchise won't have anything to distinguish it.

You getting rid, or just curious?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It looks exactly like me Piper stealth, whereas I went for a centre resonator, you could order them with or without, you could also order them with a straight tip or downturned.

I got mine from a place called GDI, they eventually merged with K-Tec.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Yeah Av, looks like Powerflow or Magnaflow or soemthing along those lines. Could even be somewhere like Pro-speed as most places without some form of franchise won't have anything to distinguish it.

You getting rid, or just curious?
Thks, Its too loud for me or I'm getting old. If I cannot get on with it and I can find a suitable replacement it may go.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Looks loud
Thanks for the link I will have a read and 'Yes' its loud

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it sounds like a Piper, named stealth for irony I think as they are f*cking loud, the first time I drove mine it caused my ears to ring.

They're very good quality and have a life time guarantee so after a polish it should look like new and make you a few quid, it's definitely better suited to a track car.