ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help help shaking steering wheel violently

alien green rs133
not a buckled wheel??? wheel would still be balanced but have a dent it and it will affect it at speed

Megane 230 R26
I can't believe something manifesting itself in such a severe manner hasn't been found when someone with at least half a clue has examined the car...

Also if it's that violent and you can barely hold onto it I'd stop deliberately triggering it before you actually crash? LOL...

Megane 230 R26
Hope you get it sorted, sounds nasty! If it's not wheel balance, bearings etc. then it must be suspension, steering or drive related...

Dodgy one
Are any of the brakes binding on the N/S? Could have got hot, warped a disk causing the vibration and pulling left.

Its that or CV completely gone IMO.

M135i, 118 coupe
Rear discs are pretty nackered so they need changing

Rear Shocks have gone

Driveshafts need checking so one of those 3 or a combination of them all probably

172 Ph1
weird that its only done it on the motorway and 3 times, but its clearly speed related.
Hopefully it will be something obvious and i wont have to take it to a renault spechialist

One thing no one has mentioned is the road surface, if its only motorway when it happens, is it the same road or a diff road? and is it the same place everytime or a diff place? this needs to be eliminated.
Falling into lorry ruts makes the steering pull left and right like mad and bumpy tracks taken at speed will produce rumbles and vibrations
Hope this helps

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i bought a complete driveshaft from renault dealer in bristol(s j cook) it cost me £144 inc vat with £11.50 surchage( so about £132.50) orderes on a monday came on thursday. i fitted it myself so wasnt to bad(but mine is a ph1)

Are you local then as i work for them

2003 clio 172
i had this exact same problem turned out to be the offside cv its well worth gettin it looked at i got a new driveshaft for mine for 117.50 so wasnt to bad

Dan