ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help guys......Immobiliser Issue

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Just finished putting my engine & box back in my Phase 2 172.

Plumbed all the pipework back in & electrical connections, fuses etc.

Went to start it.....but the red immobiliser light wont go out - so obviously it doesnt start.

Is there anyway of resetting it? Is there any way of bypassing it (PM me if you dont want to say here).

Could it be the key at fault? Could it be the ECU? Could it be a broken wire? I was advised that within the large white block connector near the fuses in the engine bay - one of the wires in there carries the immobiliser signal to the ECU. I didnt have any issues before the engine came out.

This really has put a dampener on getting my car back on the road again - so any help appreciated!! :(:(

BMW M135i
Theres no easy way to bypass it unfortunately, got to be a wiring problem or similar. You throughly checked everything?

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Yes mate.....checked & doubled checked everything I can think of!!

You can have the immobiliser removed from the ECU cant you?

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Well least if I do that it cant happen again!!! LOL

Who does it & how much does it cost mate any ideas?

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Well......after leaving it last night I decided to go back to it this morning with a fresh head.......good job I did....10mins later & the engine was running!!!

The problem.......well other than my eyesight.....was this b*****d engine earth at the rear of the engine wasnt connected....

nonstartingreason.gif

Connected it up and she started first time!!!

Panic over....yes I'm an idiot before anyone says but I didnt even remember that earth was there - probably doesnt help that I took it apart 6months ago though!

:cool::cool::cool: