ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! Garage said they can't get hand brake cables

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi.

My ph1 172 failed its MOT on only one rear wheel braking on the hand brake. This was fine I thought..just get 2 new cables and that will sort it but no. They have tried a set of cables but they didn't fit and he has tried everyone he knows about getting the correct ones but can't find them. He told me today the only thing to do is get them specially made !!

Is this true ??? My 172 is a Y reg and is an import from Belgium.

Help

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Probably one of them garages that are scared of calling renault for parts...

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Tried ECP cables on mine and they didn't fit. Ended up getting them from Renault Wolverhampton for about £38 each.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Thanks everyone. I'll speak to the garage tomorrow and ask if they have tried the genuine cables.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive just bought a pair from Adam @ Wolverhampton Renault.
The passenger side is a short cable at about £25 and the drivers side is a little longer at about £30 something.
You need to replace them both as a pair as there is only one adjuster for both cable's.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yeah I did try and adjust it my self but it didn't turn out as easy as I thought and had to get it back to the garage with in the MOT 10 day retest.

182cup & 172 racecar
They are being a typical garage, they phone euro, gsf and any other local supplier before going to the dealer. My mate who runs a garage does this all the time.

Certain things are dealer only, like handbrake cables.