ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Faulty Window

is dirty.
I haven't posted on here for a while...I'm in the process of purchasing a house and hope to start a thread about it soon!

Anyhow, I have had a quick search and found a few helpful threads but I wanted to check with someone now before I go making any decisions etc.

My drivers side window has been going up extremely slowly and all of a sudden there was quite a banging sound and now it will hardly move.

I need to pull the window up when it reaches the top in order for the switch to move it down again. It even got to the point earlier when the side of the window came out of the frame and the window was going up and the side (with a white bit of plastic on) was not in the correct position.

I have since fitted it back in but once again, when I press up or down on the button there a series of noises, clicking, banging etc and then it stops.

I am guessing the electrics are okay as it still sometimes moves but why is it making these noises and what is the likely cause?

Please help! :)
Rick.

Mk5 golf gti
get the doorcard off there is a guide for it under fubars stickys

the mechanism must be fucked the cable has probs come away or tangled

i have just bought one myself as mine wont move at all

ill be tackling it this weekend

is dirty.
I haven't got access to any guides unfortunately, how much is membership these days?

What have you bought to sort your problem out?

New motor, regulator..?

Cheers for the advice!

Soon to be 182
Search ebay as I had same problem on my focus and you can buy regulator repair kits rather than whole new regulator. Save yourself a hell of a lot of money.

CLIO PH1 172
Take the door card of first and see what's going on behind there, you will probably spot the problem straight away.

Door card easy to remove just 6 torx bolt (1 in door handle, 1 in door pull, 4 along the bottom) you will need to remove the plastic triangle bit by the wing mirror as well.

is dirty.
What kind of things should I be looking out for inside the door?

Loss cables, snapped off parts etc?

Thanks!

CLIO PH1 172
IMO take the card off and plug the window switch back in and put the window up,down,up,down....., and see if anything is catching or loose ect I'm guessing it could be a number of things tbh