ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Clio 172 Bump Stops?

Clio 172 & Fabia vRS
I have just received my Lowering springs today and in the box was a note saying "Please Read - Please cut bumpstops by at least 20mm"

Will i need to do this?.. The springs are made by G-Max and apparently lower the car by 30mm

A Flamin' Red one
I remember seeing a thread on this recently mate. Have a search? I hope they're for the Fabia though?!

Sorry I can't be of more use :)

260% JCW
Its because the springs are shorter mate, the standard bump stops are there to stop the suspension from bottoming out. With a standard spring you should'nt hit the bump stop, but with a shorter lower spring you run the risk of the car sitting on the bump stop instead of the spring. Not good.

When i bought my Koni's they came with new bump stops they were tiny compared to the genuine ones. They aint hard to cut mate a junior hack saw will do, just try and keep the cut level.