ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help and picture request

TT QS
I'm trying to take my back seats out and the 2 bigger bolts aren't shifting. My dads had a go and he's a strong lad. Any one got any bright ideas/advice?

Also I'm looking into harnesses. 4 point as they'll just be for road use. Where have people mounted them? If anyone has a picture that would be great.

and last but not least. I have a new rear view mirror and I need the old one off including the mounting plate. Any ideas how? I was going to heat it up with a hair drier and go from there

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The only help I can offer is, get a big one of these on the end of your ratchet

galvanized%20pipe.jpg

K4M ph2
Get under the car, wd40 them and scrub the threads with a wire brush, as they are open to the elements they just rust on the underside and lock in place, once cleaned they are a lot easier to remove with a half decent breakers bar.

TT QS
Get under the car, wd40 them and scrub the threads with a wire brush, as they are open to the elements they just rust on the underside and lock in place, once cleaned they are a lot easier to remove with a half decent breakers bar.

Cheers! I appreciate that. Something to do tomorrow lol

SQ5
Ideally needs an impact gun on it.

Harnesses need to be mount horizontally from your shoulders.

You will need a harness bar of some description.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If its the torx one your on about, good luck! Hah.

As above, some WD40 underneath and then a wire brush. Maybe a bit of heat my help aswell

Clio 182 trophy
mine came out really easy???? :S could have been out before i guess. but yeah id use some heat but be very careful of course. lol not wanting any fires!!! haha

extreme flamer
I had this today when I was getting my car ready to put new seats in.

First I tried going under the car and soaking the bolt with wd40, went inside the car about 10 minutes later and tried unscrewing it with a ratchet and a long breaker bar using this I managed to get it to around half way then it stopped.
I went under the car and heated the bolt, tried unscrewing it again and it went about 2 turns then the torx bit on the bolt decided to crumble (halfords torx bits are quite impressive!).

After that disaster I went through the long process of using gland pliers and all the strength I had in my arms to slowly get the bolt out about a quarter turn at a time, it was a very slow process but it got the bolt out in the end.
Thats pretty much a last resort but it might help you out if it goes wrong like it did with me (so glad I only had 1 to remove).