ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - 172 Mk1 Leaking Oil

My 172 Mk1 seems to be leaking something quiet heavily! I noticed it a couple of days ago but thought it was just other cars, but last night I parked "the other way around" and this morning there is a big patch of "somthing" on the ground. I have checked the oil level and its fine, however when I moved the car within a couple of seconds it starts to leak again???? I am taking the car to a garage this afternoon but has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Renault Laguna Coupe

Power Steering fluid is a common leak on these, should be obvious if you have a look at the reservoir.

On the way to the garage and two mins down the road and......wait for it.........

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1108587424__toooooser1.jpg

I am on the way to the garage be towed by behind the back of an RAC transit! :(

Being about as machanical minded as a "dead fish" I did not think to check the water, as that whats leaking everywhere! Apparently I have also got a thermostat problem?

I am expecting this to really "hurt" the bank balance! :(

Is this common?

Cheers for all replies in advance.

Looks like I need grammer lessons to top it all!

" I am on the way to the garage be towed by behind the back of an RAC transit!"

ALL FIXED (Pick "her" up this morning!)

1 x New Water Pump

1 x New thermostat

£300 pounds latter! :(

Not what I need just after paying my credit card off :(