ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from a new member

Clio 182 Sport Cup
Hi from a new member
My Nom de guerre is Oldbutnotslow or OBNS which comes from my motorsport background and business and is a hint to my increasing age!

I have for some time provided service to Caterham and Lotus 7 owners both in terms of road and race cars preparation tuning and modification. I used to look after a few older Ferrari as well but thankfully that stopped about 3 years ago when the last owner sold it.

Which brings me to how I have recently come to own a 182 Cup.

Sadly my best friend and racing buddy of some 50 years died whilst driving his S2000 about 5 weeks ago. He had owned an old Ferrari for some 23 years. The car was extensively modified and spent as much time on track as it did on the road. It was after going to the le Mans Classic in it in blistering heat 3 years ago that he decided that the time had come to part company and to look for something that would be easier but still good fun to drive on track.

After much discussion he/we decided on the 182 cup and with a bit of suspension work and a brake up grade he had a car that was a hoot to drive on track but sufficiently docile to be able to drive it to the track without the need for a trailer with the slicks and all the rest of the paraphernalia loaded into where the rear seats used to be.

Well it seems that he wanted me to have the car which is how I have come to own it.

I have a Caterham 7 track car which is not road legal so I have decided to put the car's interior back to its original spec. It will be a daily drive for my wife but should I decide that I want to keep dry (The Caterham is open c**kpit) I will still be able to take it on track for a bit of fun.

I have always liked a hot hatch having owned many over the years and the Clio is refined enough to make road driving a pleasure whilst being quick enough to entertain on track.

So there we are. A car nut? Most definately! I am fortunate enough to have a son who is just as keen as I am and who is also an excellent track driver. I have a daughter who is also keen to learn to drive on track and the spring will see her first forays into track days.

Grant Taylor
Oldbutnotslow
Under a car or on the golf course.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along!

Sorry to hear about your friend and how you came to have the car, but hope you enjoy it and your time on here

Get some pictures up of you cars when you get chance

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Sound's like you will fit in just fine in here.
There are many petrol heads on CS, its not all Clios.

Welcome btw. :)