ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello all...

A Beautiful R32
Just wanted to say hello, only got my clio a month ago and I thought I'd sign up and see what the 'community' is like...

What can I say, searched for ages for a new car (used to have a 1.0 litre micra!), drove pretty much every hot hatch including a type R and fell in love with the 182 the second I drove it... the car bloody amazes me every day. The way the torque kicks in past 4000rpm should be illegal cos I'm sure only space rockets should have that much oomph!!

So anyway, hello!! Nice to meet you all,

Dave (by the way is it just me or is everyone called dave?)

A Beautiful R32
Cheers peeps, you all seem like a nice bunch... what is it with everyone's car getting nicked? Everytime I log on it seems like someone's had their car pinched... it wasn't like this when I owned a micra... ;)

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

The test drive in one got you to then - I had to get my 182 after I test drove one this time last year.

A Beautiful R32
Yeah, the test drive definately got me! It was really hard to choose between the type R and the 182 for ages... but the 182 won for several reasons. Firstly it was cheaper and I could get a 'newer' car... Secondly I could actually see out of the clio, couldn't feel the type R if you know what I mean... Finally I just felt that the 182 handled better...

Though I'm not happy with the turning circle!

the turning circle resembles that of a P&O ferry

before i decided to drive 200 miles to view the 182 i wanted i had never had a test drive

172 mk2
welcome to the club,

become a member then you can post in all the sections and get discount at certain places (which actually paid for the member fee and more for me)

Trophy 003
Davey182 said:
Yeah, the test drive definately got me! It was really hard to choose between the type R and the 182 for ages... but the 182 won for several reasons. Firstly it was cheaper and I could get a 'newer' car... Secondly I could actually see out of the clio, couldn't feel the type R if you know what I mean... Finally I just felt that the 182 handled better...

Though I'm not happy with the turning circle!

sounds like youve had a similar experience to me with the type r (and the turning circle! :dapprove: ) I liked the type r engine but I think the clio one is almost as good, with the bonus that if you get caught off cam it doesnt mater nearly so much. Also the steering on the type r is horrible, the one I drove recently felt like the wheels were wobbling a bit when I was going in a straight line. my only problem was that I don't fit in a standard 182 - lucky for me they made the trophy!