ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Helix Paddle Clutch

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Iv found one for £186 from www.rallynuts.com, anyone know if they can be had cheaper as this seems like a good price to me?

At that price I assume you mean just the drive plate?

4 paddle or 6 paddle?

The 6 paddle on mine cost me 477 quid direct for helix for the plate and the cover.

I did have a 4 paddle on standard cover before, but they dont last anywhere near as long.

172cup turbo & rx8
yeah it's just the drive plate I'm after, how was the feel with the standard cover?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Feel was ok, in fact its safe to assume it will be better than with the uprated one which is heavy.

But I wanted more clamping force as mine had slipped slightly a couple of times on full boost (over 2 bar).

Feel was ok, in fact its safe to assume it will be better than with the uprated one which is heavy.

But I wanted more clamping force as mine had slipped slightly a couple of times on full boost (over 2 bar).

Don't like the uprated organic one (i think that's what it's called) Chip? What's it like vs standard other than heavier?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Don't like the uprated organic one (i think that's what it's called) Chip? What's it like vs standard other than heavier?

Its just not upto the job on a turbo IME mate, needs to be a paddle really.
Shame cause the full circle ones do drive nicer and last a long time.

6 paddle is a good compromise between that and a 4 paddle.