ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Problems

Clio 172
Got a bit of a strange problem (I've used the forum search!) it's a bit like http://www.cliosport.net/threads/temperatures-on-climate-control-all-wrong.758107/#post-10479383 this thread.

Basically I can put it down to min and have the aircon going lovely, but if it's a bit too cold I'll put the temp up a few degrees and there's no change in temp then all of a sudden it will blow to hot. will put it back down to min and will carry on blowing hot air.
To fix this I have to slowly put the temp all the way up to max one click at a time then bring it down again one click at a time and it will start blowing cold again but with little change in temperature in the middle ranges.

If I put it onto auto say at 21 degrees, it can't maintain the temp - seems to get warm, but won't bring itself down again. One thing I have noticed, the dash vents are different temperatures when it's not working as it should, the one to the right hand side will be warmer than the one in the middle. Once I've gone through the up and down procedure they then match up again. Almost like I have to sync them up again?

Been trying to figure out what the temperature resistor/heat sync is called and if it's a cheap fix just to try and fix the problem?

Last edited:
  Clio 172
It's been done already when I bought the car apparently it's been rammed silly with epoxy... So if it's still that I'm going to be in trouble :(