ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Matrix - Nissens OE replacement

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Not to a Clio but have used them in the past on other cars with no issues, well respected name. Just like anything else that's a decent brand make sure you're getting it from a reputable source, fakes are rife.

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks chaps, the quality was questionable to start with by me having to trim the plastic end cap body to fit perfect in the heater box with its retaining tabs. I later struggled with those poxy so called quick release hose fitting attachments, but manipulated the securing ring inside so it would clamp over the hurdle ferrule on the pipes coming through the bulkhead from the matrix when pushing home the heater hose.

Panic over, its just that the ferrules were different to the original Valeo part i removed which turns out made no difference. Its a job i have gone back to from over a week ago so visual orientation of things had passed me, and though i had a duff part or was doing something wrong that's all. Knackered now !! its taken it outta me !!

Clio 182 Cup
Apparently an absolute tw*t of a job. Lucky dodge.
Yeah, it is, VERY INVOLVED !!! - best advise i can give is unless you do plenty of spannering or, don't tend to get involved in stripping things heavily, leave well alone. The best way to tackle it is with a replacement matrix ready to go straight in the moment you gain access, its a good full day's job if you start early. Removing the wiper arms can be an absolute pain unless you have a 2/3/4 legged puller (100mm type) with feet narrow enough to fit within the plastic scuttle surround, as you need to access two long bolts that hold the heater box in place to the bulkhead, and i had to move my alarm siren to remove the U bracket that the bolt was going thorough to hold one part of the heater box in.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, it is, VERY INVOLVED !!! - best advise i can give is unless you do plenty of spannering or, don't tend to get involved in stripping things heavily, leave well alone. The best way to tackle it is with a replacement matrix ready to go straight in the moment you gain access, its a good full day's job if you start early. Removing the wiper arms can be an absolute pain unless you have a 2/3/4 legged puller (100mm type) with feet narrow enough to fit within the plastic scuttle surround, as you need to access two long bolts that hold the heater box in place to the bulkhead, and i had to move my alarm siren to remove the U bracket that the bolt was going thorough to hold one part of the heater box in.
I thought as much! I took my wiper arms off on the 200 a while ago to clean the drains (common issue on Mk3's) and they were tough then, let alone after 15 years.