ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater issues... How original!

172/A4 Tdi
Hi guys,

I have a 53 reg Clio with Climate control - car must think its in the middle east sometimes as it only blows cold air, then other times it stays warm even on minimum.

The blowers are fine, speeds are all perfect, its just the temperature. Is this also regulated by the heater resistor or is that just the blower speed? The only other thing I could presume it to be is whatever sensor it uses to detect what the interior temperature is, has lost the will to live, meaning it always thinks its too hot or too cold when trying to adjust itself.

Any thoughts? I did have a search, but there didn't seem to be any difinitive answers.

Thanks all....

Kirky.

172/A4 Tdi
Hmmm, well inside the courtousy light surround there are 2 plugs and no sensors lol. So there lies my problem I believe... I spoke to the previous owner and he said he removed it before I bought it thinking it was an 'alarm' as it was buzzing continually. This is of course of it is the part that sits above what looks like a 'speaker' hole in the cover?

Clio 172mk2
yer when the fans are faulty they can make a noise, just buy a new one from renault or ebay, before renault where just as cheap n least its new