ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit fitting in 172

Flame red 172
I spent far to much time trying to get my head-unit fitted correctly this weekend in my 172.

Has anybody else experienced a problem where-by there are just so many wires and connectors at the back of the hu that they all get bunched up and stop you from being able to push the hu in corretly.

I have an alpine hu, with RCAs for sub connected, Radio Ariel, IPhone connection in AI socket, normal ISO loom connection and an external power supply/transformer thing.

I can see that space is tight and have tried to push as much of the loom and connectors to the side areas rather then directly behind the hu without much luck.

I've got it to the point were the hu is now locked into position on one side, and with the facia surround it looks fine, but im know happy knowing the wires are all so compact behind the hu?

Anybody else had the same problem?

Cheers,

Adam

Da

Less
Yes, the best trick is to push all the cables and connectors down behind the heater controls as there's plenty of room down there.

Pushing them to the side/back will never work.

Flame red 172
lol, cheers guys, I think the only way to get the wires behind the heater controls is by routing them down the sides. From what I could see there is no way of pushing the wires down directly behind the head unit.

The wires for Hazards, Rear demist and locks come of the same loom which restricts how far the wires can be pushed out the way :/

anyhow, cheers for the replies, will take another look at the weekend!